Valentine's Day present

This is a discussion on Valentine's Day present within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My hubby loves me so much. I got a small Ka-Bar TDI for Valentine's Day. But it does not stop there... I wore it to ...

Thread: Valentine's Day present

Valentine's Day present

My hubby loves me so much. I got a small Ka-Bar TDI for Valentine's Day. But it does not stop there...
    I wore it to work on my belt - I work for the Transportation Dept. and in my job go out on the roadways by myself often. We are not allowed to carry a pistol in a state car or in our buildings. I have wanted the TDI for quite awhile. Immediately this morning two people said "They can't let you carry that here." and "That is intimidating to me." They insisted - well you can carry it when you are out but you don't need it in here. I tried to explain that it won't be me who decides when something is going to happen and I must be able to protect myself wherever and whenever I need to. Oh well.

I love this knife but does anyone know where I can get a horizontal sheath? It is kind of awkward with the sheath it comes with. I guess I should clarify that I got the small serrated LE not the tiny credit card size one.

Thanks all!
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    I would get a sheath from Invictus Kydex. Matt is bar-none the best kydex bender I have ever seen in the biz and his rates are quite reasonable.

Well Do what you like, but the TDI is shaped like it is for a reason, and in the type of sheath it is for a reason. It is meant as a Backup weapon for LEO, usually on their weak side in a mirror position to their service weapon. It is meant to have a very similar draw stroke to a handgun, from a belt holster, hence the shape of it and the grip angle. If you put it in a horizontal sheath it may not come out of the sheath the way it is supposed to for a SD weapon. Just an FYI.

It is a very nice knife, congrats on your hubby getting you a nice one. My wife got me a Benchmade Rant Drop point. Love it
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    Yes Invictus - Go here & scroll down to post #17
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=518683

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Well Do what you like, but the TDI is shaped like it is for a reason, and in the type of sheath it is for a reason. It is meant as a Backup weapon for LEO, usually on their weak side in a mirror position to their service weapon. It is meant to have a very similar draw stroke to a handgun, from a belt holster, hence the shape of it and the grip angle. If you put it in a horizontal sheath it may not come out of the sheath the way it is supposed to for a SD weapon. Just an FYI.

It is a very nice knife, congrats on your hubby getting you a nice one. My wife got me a Benchmade Rant Drop point. Love it
    Thanks for that and I realize that on a duty belt it works with the sheath the way it is. But when you are bending over all the time on the road it is quite uncomfortable.

I emailed Invictus last night. Thanks.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Great knife!!! I just got the tiny credit card one and I use it as a last ditch knife around my neck. I think you can find a horizontal sheath at Amazon.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    Thanks for that and I realize that on a duty belt it works with the sheath the way it is. But when you are bending over all the time on the road it is quite uncomfortable.

I emailed Invictus last night. Thanks.

After looking at the photos on QK's link, that may very well work and I may stand corrected. If you get one be sure and post pics.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

" they can't let you carry it"...."that's intimidating to me"...... that is so sad. Some people are just born to be victims.

Hope you are able to continue to carry.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member
    Those sheaths on the link are exquisite, thanks for posting it.

I emailed Invictus this evening for my BM Rant.

Links