Somail Pirate Loses Knife Fight with a US Navy SEAL Today and Dies - Page 2

Somail Pirate Loses Knife Fight with a US Navy SEAL Today and Dies

This is a discussion on Somail Pirate Loses Knife Fight with a US Navy SEAL Today and Dies within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One notes the Russians have had no further problems since the last batch they caught "escaped" by jumping overboard. My final paper for grad school ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Somail Pirate Loses Knife Fight with a US Navy SEAL Today and Dies

One notes the Russians have had no further problems since the last batch they caught "escaped" by jumping overboard.

My final paper for grad school was on fixing Somalia using lessons learned in Iraq. My thesis was to the effect of "Nuke it and drop Afghan heroin on the survivors." My PhD didn't think I could make that statement stretch to 20+ pages. Note he did not disagree on the premise. I think it has merit.

Did we scrap the Battleship New Jersey or just mothball it? I can see a good use for some ARRA money....
    Psalm 144:1

Save your money: Paint the front sight orange and buy a flashlight.

Anybody that kills hostages and then raises their hands should just make really good targets.I saw a documentary on SEAL team interventions off the coast of Somalia,it was a joke,when the helos and ships arrived the pirates thru their weapons overboard and claimed they were fishing.No guns no case.they shoulda left a WP grenade behind with the pin pulled on accident
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I don't doubt our SpecWar guys are combat gods but I don't see an armed operator choosing to go blade to blade with one of those miscreants. But I could be wrong.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Somali pirate(terrorist) vs. Navy SEAL in a knife fight? Somali pirate: epic fail.

Lead Moderator
    Just a hint for this and future threads in this and other forums. If you want to tick off a Navy SEAL, just call him a "Seal", they hate that! Kind of like calling a Marine a Soldier.

I'm just supplying this for information sake and not to start a discussion, especially for those who have never served.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Did we scrap the Battleship New Jersey or just mothball it? I can see a good use for some ARRA money....

No - its a museum in Camden NJ, which bears an uncomfortable likeness to
    Somalia

Better idea is to let the USS New Jersey conduct a live fire drill on Camden.....

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    The SEAL in question probably had a stoppage or was engaged within the radius of his muzzle, neither of which are are that hard to imagine within the tight confines of a ship. Everyone has this idea that yachts have hallways like in a house because, well...they're yachts. I used to work on building 50m mega-yachts and they are still really cramped once you get anywhere but the main living areas (master berth, living room, dining room, etc) so you add a whole new level of "bad breath range" to the equation for 75%+ of the ship as you try to clear it.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Just a hint for this and future threads in this and other forums. If you want to tick off a Navy SEAL, just call him a "Seal", they hate that! Kind of like calling a Marine a Soldier.

I'm just supplying this for information sake and not to start a discussion, especially for those who have never served.
    ???

So it's wrong to call a SEAL, a SEAL?

Am I missing something?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

As a retired and lifelong Navy man (second generation) I would never advise getting in a knife fight with a sailor; as for our brothers in the special forces section of the Navy NEVER NEVER get in a fight with them at all!

Perhaps the BG had "given up" then thought better of it the the SEAL in question grabbed the weapon closest to his hand...or perhaps the SEAL just wanted to go hand to hand with the murderous scum and extract some naval justice for the murdered Americans. Either way...I'm good with it.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    Perhaps the BG had "given up" then thought better of it the the SEAL in question grabbed the weapon closest to his hand...or perhaps the SEAL just wanted to go hand to hand with the murderous scum and extract some naval justice for the murdered Americans. Either way...I'm good with it.
    I am good too! I am sure the SEAL was never in danger (he knew it too) for all we know he took the BG's knife and used it........

I have kudos for those Navy Seals I hope they kill all those pirates, That's what happens when you mess with one of the top trained US forces, rock on Seals lay em all down and thanks to all the rest of the armed forces for your service to keep the rest of us god fearing gun bearing citizens FREE

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I wonder what sort of a knife US Navy Seals carry? Anyone have an idea?
    The one the Uncle Sam paid for that is big, stabby and probably useful for prying open beer bottles they traded for (or stole from) from the British/Germans/Brazilians/Aussies/French/Italian troops in the Opp Area...

Sorry rstickle, didn't know that was a faux pas. For future reference, what do they call them then?

Hope he circumcised that bastage with it..............but.............stop forcing your religous beliefs on people who don't want to hear it. I got in-laws like that, any pirates for rent ?
    Seriouly though, this costs us monies to deploy troops to save these finatics...........send they're family a bill.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links