Wasp Spray is NOT “Self-Defense” Spray

This is a discussion on Wasp Spray is NOT “Self-Defense” Spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've looked this up a month or 2 ago and did quite a bit of research. Long story short: pepper spray is much more effective ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Wasp Spray is NOT “Self-Defense” Spray

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I've looked this up a month or 2 ago and did quite a bit of research. Long story short: pepper spray is much more effective on humans, the only benefit of wasp spray is that it can shoot 5-10 feet further.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    1980, downtown Kansas City. I was filling up my GF's car - a white MGB, I remember it was - with gasoline and scared off two would be car hijacker thievery types by holding the pump nozzle over an unlit Bic lighter as if to send them into flaming hell. Good thing for all of us that this wasn't an armed robbery attempt.

As we were driving off, GF said, "You would have torched them wouldn't you."

See, here's the deal. A quick flick of the lighter followed by a spew from the gasoline nozzle would surely just douse out the flame ----- or not?

So I just replied that a good dousing with gasoline would have done the job if needed.

I know that those Wasp sprays make excellent torches, BTW.

Always follow the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m
    Note to self, never throw hot coffee, dust, sand or any other non authorized substance into the eyes of someone who is robbing me.
    I sometimes wonder what our legislators are thinking when they pass laws.

Michael
    As a general rule often times they are not thinking just reacting to some perceived need for a new law to justify their existence.
    Legislators make laws, It's what they do. Without new laws (or the muckification of existing ones), we have no need of legislators at all.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Legislators make laws, It's what they do. Without new laws (or the muckification of existing ones), we have no need of legislators at all.
    Gasp! How can you SAY that here on this forum?!?!?

I mean, isn't it, like, against some law to say that?

Wait...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    Guido and Luigi use a baseball bat even though the instructions clearly state that it's not for use on melon heads. Oh, and don't forget that metal pens are not to be stuck into necks. I did have good results with a 12ga on a hornet's nest in a tree, although the manual didn't say I could use it for that.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I have sprayed myself in the face with wasp spray. It had no short term effects that would lead me to believe that it would be a deterrant in a self defense situation.
    I'm sorry for laughing... Though I can just picture you holding the can backwards accidentally hosing yourself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    1980, downtown Kansas City. I was filling up my GF's car - a white MGB, I remember it was - with gasoline and scared off two would be car hijacker thievery types by holding the pump nozzle over an unlit Bic lighter as if to send them into flaming hell. Good thing for all of us that this wasn't an armed robbery attempt.

As we were driving off, GF said, "You would have torched them wouldn't you."

See, here's the deal. A quick flick of the lighter followed by a spew from the gasoline nozzle would surely just douse out the flame ----- or not?

So I just replied that a good dousing with gasoline would have done the job if needed.

I know that those Wasp sprays make excellent torches, BTW.

Always follow the directions.
    The vapors are what would ignite, conditions would have to be perfect to be able to drown a flame with gasoline. But if you doused the BGs with gas and released the handle they would be the ones at risk.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links