new defensive knife?

This is a discussion on new defensive knife? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; im looking for a new blade im looking for something that has 3.5-4inch blade is plain edge and is a flipper or thumbstud design (no ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: new defensive knife?

new defensive knife?

im looking for a new blade im looking for something that has 3.5-4inch blade is plain edge and is a flipper or thumbstud design (no holes) and is under 80 bucks with a strong preference to usa made

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Check out the Kershaw Black Blur which is 100% American made and has a 3 3/8" plain edge blade made of Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel with a G-10 handle equipped with speed safe assisted opening, locking liner, coating, thumb stud and pocket clip. The website states that the MSRP is $99.95, but you can buy it online for less than $50.00.

black knife likes this.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    I have that exact knife. I like it. It opens very easily.

perfect i love kershaw products but how thick is it and what are thought on the junkyard dog

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro07 View Post
    perfect i love kershaw products but how thick is it and what are thought on the junkyard dog
    The Black Blur is about 1 1/4" thick. I think the Junkyard Dog is an excellent knife as well and fits the characteristics of what you are looking for (3.5 - 4.0" blade, flipper and under $80.00). Any of those two knives will be perfect for EDC. If you like the Junkyard Dog II better, then try to get the Titanium edition which is awesome!!!!

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Here's some useful photos of the Black Blur:

I only use Cold Steel.

Here's the plain edge version of my TX legal knife.
    http://images.wholesalehunter.com/pr...ldpic27tlt.jpg

It's $70 from Wholesalehunter.com
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

hmm or CRKT M21 anyone ot the ryan model 7

It may be out of your price range, but I really like the Benchmade 585 series. Spring-assisted with the Axis lock. I have two, and I think the plain blade was around $90.

I carry a SOG Aegis and love it. Its assisted open, has a thumb stud and can be found for less then $80 online all day. Its made of AUS-8 steel and holds an excellent edge. One of the best features of it is the low carry pocket clip. You basically cant even see the knife (except for the clip). I highly recommend you checking it out.

RKM
    Cold Steel Recon 1. 4" blade, and it's basically designed as a self defense/"tactical" knife. Emerson has some really nice options (CQC-7) with their nice "wave" feature which is a huge benefit in a defensive knife, but they're MUCH more expensive. I removed the thumbstud in my Recon 1 and looped a zip-tie through it (which still acts as a thumbstud, actually) and it's nice a ghetto wave feature. It works pretty well.

My EDC at work is a cheapo Bnechmade HK Ally. Anywhere else is my Benchmade Griptilian. Both have the zip-tie mod :) I have tons of other I may carry if in the mood (including my Recon 1), but I rely on either of my Benchmade's for self defense if needed. But they're mainly "utility" knives.

Sponsor
    Benchmade Griptilian

American made, unbeatable warranty and the Axis Lock is as solid as you'll find in a folder.

On ebay

Or direct from Wesson Hardware

Make a low ball offer on ebay and they counter with their real price. Same if you go direct to their web site. Email or call for the real price. Probably a few $ less direct as there would be no auction fees to the seller. I have bought half a dozen knives from Wesson and have to give them a big thumbs up. Ships same day, priority mail.

BTW, My CRKT M21-04 is a great knife and would also be a solid SD folder but it is not American made.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Gonna toss a vote out there for the CRKT M16-01Z. Got it as a gift for being in a friends wedding and it has not left my pocket since. Quickest unassisted opening knife I've ever used. As I didn't buy it, I'm not 100% sure on the cost but I believe it was very reasonable.

I have two blurs and I like all there features but there finish is like paint on the aluminum frame and does not last long, the whirlwind is a better choice. But I no longer carry a knife that does not have the wave feature, nothing opens as fast.

John

Quote Originally Posted by old guy 2 View Post
    But I no longer carry a knife that does not have the wave feature, nothing opens as fast.
    - Same here. Emerson makes rock solid knives. Made in the USA, but slightly over the $80 budget.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links