Genuine?

Genuine?

This is a discussion on Genuine? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm no knife expert, but I'm wondering if I can get an opinion or two. the following ad appeared from a seller that is local ...

Thread: Genuine?

Genuine?

I'm no knife expert, but I'm wondering if I can get an opinion or two. the following ad appeared from a seller that is local to me, how would you tell if this is the real deal or not?

WWII Hitler Youth Knife Not Replica 300.00 obo
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Ask if the emblem is glued on or held on with prongs....
    Fake are glued.....

That's all the help I can be.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

I would ask to see paper work. Anyone who is trying to sell anything of value especially a knife that old for that amount of money should have paper proof that it's real. I wouldn't spend that money on anything like that wothout evidence. It's a really nice knife though if I do say so myself

How would he have paper work? My great uncle has several genuine WWII items that he brought back personally that do not have paper work at all.

"Ges. Geschützt" meaning patent pending should be on there somewhere; according to my co-worker.

Most of the time, if you have a knife like this that you are trying to sell for some good money you would have a letter of authenticity or something proving it's legit. I am assuming that your grand dad isn't trying to sell his stuff he has. If he was and trying to get top dollar, I would think he would get a letter signed off by some type of professional proving it's worth. Thats all I was saying........

Links