tops knife

This is a discussion on tops knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; anyone own any tops knives? Thinking of buying the Apache Dawn for my survival knife....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: tops knife

tops knife

anyone own any tops knives? Thinking of buying the Apache Dawn for my survival knife.

2. Remove Ads

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

apad06.jpg

For a battle knife it looks pretty good. I do like the 1095 carbon steel. For a survival knife, I like knives more conducive to camp chores. Full flat grind for easier batoning of fire wood, and a more ergonomic grip.

Tops knives are also pretty pricey. I don't think you would be disappointed in it. And I wouldn't turn it away.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Tops Apache Dawn
    Blade Length: 6 3/4"
    O/A Length: 12"
    Cutting Edge: 6 1/8"
    Thickness: 1/4"
    Blade Color: Tactical Gray
    Steel: 1095 High Carbon Alloy RC-58
    Handle Material: G-10 Traction Style
    Sheath: Ballistic Nylon
    Weight: 16.2oz
    Weight w/ Sheath: 21.6oz
    Mfg. Handcrafted in the USA

That's a pretty good choice. You could probably find something less expensive in 1095 Carbon Steel though.
    That's a good knife steel & lots of makers are using it.
    You could get an Ontario RAT 7 in 1095 on Ebay for $109.00.

Or you could opt for INFI Steel
    Busse Combat Knives is making the Boss Jack right now.
    It's more $$$ but, it's a lifetime investment and replacement guaranteed should you ever somehow manage to break it. Personally I think the Busse knives are worth every penny spent on them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Some advice though. Whatever knife you decide on for a survival knife...don't get a partially serrated blade.
    You'll thank me later for that advice.
    Bark'n likes this.

I was looking at the Boss Jack last month. And for the price, I thought not too bad for a BUSSE. I do like the INFI steel and I like the flat grind they do. The Boss Jack would fit my criteria for a survival knife perfectly.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

thanks for the tip on the busse. I do like that knife a lot.

Just ordered my first TOPS. I believe they are made in Colorado. I love them. A buddy has one and I have been oggling and googling them for a long time. Definitely worth the price. I got the Cochise. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

I think tops are made by Rowen in Idaho. Rowen also makes ESEE knives for them. They are very very high quality. ESEE are my favorite production fixed blades I would recommend them.

Digging the Busse... I've been looking for something like it, and will have to check it out more thoroughly. I can say I like the lifetime warranties by quality manufactures. I had a leatherman broke, no fault of the product. I shipped it off, and just short of three weeks later recieved a new or reapaired tool that worked flawlessly.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Tops knives are top notch!!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Links