Pepper spray and expandable baton training.

This is a discussion on Pepper spray and expandable baton training. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took a class for less lethal protection today. Expandable baton was a recertification for a previous one that had expired. Pepper spray class was........... different ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Old School

Thread: Pepper spray and expandable baton training.

Pepper spray and expandable baton training.

Took a class for less lethal protection today. Expandable baton was a recertification for a previous one that had expired.
    Pepper spray class was........... different interesting. Got some Sabre dabbed on both cheeks, just below our eyes and then took a little walk. Then we got to splash two double handfuls of water into our eyes. Then, we went over baton tactics again.

One good thing, my sinuses are clearer than they've been in years.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

I took a Bail enforcement class and you had to get sprayed before passing. I would rather get shot instead of sprayed.

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I took a Bail enforcement class and you had to get sprayed before passing. I would rather get shot instead of sprayed.
    Isnt that the truth...Then after you get sprayed, the put you in the RED suit and beet the crap out of you..Thats always a fun day..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I'd rather get shot and sprayed than cut with a dull knife.

‪Rambo 3 (stick fight)‬‏ - YouTube

After watching this video, you should be a baton expert.

Not to many gunshot wounds can be treated with a cold shower.

That said I preferred being tased to being sprayed.

I am glad I am no longer required to do either.

OS
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Always good training. My first experience with OC certification (military physical security) I encured the handle 'snot-zilla'.

It was fun.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Always good training. My first experience with OC certification (military physical security) I encured the handle 'snot-zilla'.

It was fun.
    I may have been our class's snotzilla. Had a string going a few inches below my belt.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I too was snotzilla. I much preferred being tazed because we found out I'm one of those people who doesn't immediately fall over. Contact stun guns don't faze me at all. You mace me, im down for the count.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    ‪Rambo 3 (stick fight)‬‏ - YouTube

After watching this video, you should be a baton expert.
    I didn't know Troy Palamau was in Rambo 3... The things you learn on the internet.....

I haven't yet had the displeasure of being sprayed, but I have been tazed and I imagine I'd take that over being sprayed any day. It didn't take me down and the effects other than a little tiredness wore off almost immediately. Pepper spray doesn't just stop hurting.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

They call it hell in a can for a reason. My instructor was an old football rival from another high school. He told us in training, that if it could be avoided not to go for a direct eye shot, there were various spray patterns. Needless to say, I got it right in the eyes...supposedly by accident. He vowed to make me go to my knees and beg for water. I did not. It was horrible though.

I can say that I do love an expandable baton. They are a very effective weapon when deployed properly.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    2 months ago, also completed my OC and baton training for SRF-B (Basic Security Response Force), which is a requirement for every armed watchstander on a naval vessel.

Links