Boston Wants To License The Sale of Knives.

This is a discussion on Boston Wants To License The Sale of Knives. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And just how many businesses will have to be licensed, regulated, monitored? Super markets Hardware stores Department stores Quick stops Not so quick stops Dollar ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Boston Wants To License The Sale of Knives.

And just how many businesses will have to be licensed, regulated, monitored?
    Super markets
    Hardware stores
    Department stores
    Quick stops
    Not so quick stops
    Dollar stores
    Farm stores

Oh heck, just about every store except the women's boutiques.

I get it, it a JOBS PROGRAM - they'll have to hire a bunch more regulators and inspectors.

Remember the days when gas stations used to give away steak knives? Anyone still have one of those sets?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

2. Remove Ads

The issue is these yankees then decide to move out to rural locations and free states after they have effectively voted themselves into bondage, then they repeat the process of destroying their new digs.
    HotGuns and Stubborn like this.

Each....? Or per set.....? My wife's collection of Wolfgang Puck and Emeril LaGase' Cutlerly would make me a felon in Boston now

'Sigh'
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

This is just their round about way of making everyone a vegitarian.

PeTA is behind this.

Knives are one thing but I am absolutely appalled at the availability of blunt objects. In all seriousness I was at a jobsite the other day and my onsite contact needed to open a box. Instead of offering to do so with my own knife I waited for him as he had a Gerber Multi Tool. A second later he confided in me that it was his companies policy due to OSHA requirements that he had to remove the knife blade from his multi tool in order to possess it there. I asked him if they also took away his big boy pants as well. This was in a factory environment and just totally floored me. A pocket knife in a factory environment?!?!?! Definitely not liking where this country is headed when an adult can't carry a small pocket knife on their person.

The way things are going, pretty soon we will be trying to drive nails with nerf hammers.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

GM
    Visit the following link and you will find a interesting video about it: Boston Set to Restrict Knife Sales | Video | TheBlaze.com
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    You all misconstrue the economic intent of this good proposed law. Can you say, "Chop Sticks." One of the remaining manufacturers of chop sticks is a GA company which exports millions upon millions to China each year. China lacks the quality wood needed to make them, or so it said on the news the other day.

This law is clearly intended to expand his domestic market and increase the number of employees working in the chop stick making industries of the US. It will be good for logging, and good for road building. And good for the transportation industry.

It will also simplify the curriculum at martial arts academies as more time can be spent on H2H and less on knife disarms.

Sounds like a sure winner to me.
    Guantes and JDE101 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    steak knives are next
    OMG, more than ten knives in a wood block. German Wuestoff knife! ASSAULT KNIFE!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    And just how many businesses will have to be licensed, regulated, monitored?
    Super markets
    Hardware stores
    Department stores
    Quick stops
    Not so quick stops
    Dollar stores
    Farm stores

Oh heck, just about every store except the women's boutiques.

I get it, it a JOBS PROGRAM - they'll have to hire a bunch more regulators and inspectors.

Remember the days when gas stations used to give away steak knives? Anyone still have one of those sets?
    That is really not their point. They don't care how many businesses would be impacted. I believe their intent is to increase the sales difficulty to a level where most businesses in their city won't sell them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    What a pack of tards. Hopefully the residents have enough common sense to flush these mouth-breathers on the next round of elections.
    Hah, that will be the day. The mayor of Boston is on his 5th term in office. All common sense moved out to the burbs years ago.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    That is really not their point. They don't care how many businesses would be impacted. I believe their intent is to increase the sales difficulty to a level where most businesses in their city won't sell them at all.
    Time to open a knife store in the suburbs. Sort of like the prohibitions on fire works. The stands pop up right at the city line.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Box cutters, nailfiles and pencils are next on the list. Who voted those guys in and why?
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Yeah, go Mitt.
    Keep your powder dry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links