OC spray for Law Enforcement/Civilan

This is a discussion on OC spray for Law Enforcement/Civilan within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if law enforcement has access to stronger, or more potent OC sprays than the general public? Kinda like they have access to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC spray for Law Enforcement/Civilan

OC spray for Law Enforcement/Civilan

Does anyone know if law enforcement has access to stronger, or more potent OC sprays than the general public?

Kinda like they have access to higher capacity magazines and auto-opener knives...

2. Remove Ads

I would think they would have something a bit more potent but if you use spray as a cilivian most people reccomend the one that has a dye so they stay marked
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Depends on your state laws, most states allow the same strengths but some do not. Others restrict volume of carry i.e. <2 oz or less than 4 OZ.

Some manufacturers limit what they sell to none LE such as Sabre. Sabre has a mystery labeling system that makes it nearly impossible to determine the strength. Sabre Red is their LE strength but the NRA Sabre Red is not, and so on.

Fox Labs, if you get their 5.3 it's the same across the board.

Both include dyes for tracking.

Both are high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Depends on your state laws, most states allow the same strengths but some do not. Others restrict volume of carry i.e. <2 oz or less than 4 OZ.

Some manufacturers limit what they sell to none LE such as Sabre. Sabre has a mystery labeling system that makes it nearly impossible to determine the strength. Sabre Red is their LE strength but the NRA Sabre Red is not, and so on.

Fox Labs, if you get their 5.3 it's the same across the board.

Both include dyes for tracking.

Both are high quality.
    Thanks Bullseye... I'm wondering if I should buy "over-the-counter" or hit up one of my cop buddies. I live on the MS/AL line I doubt they restrict if others don't. Pretty pro-gun area at least.

A Sheriff's Officer friend of mine just told me that he got hit with some stuff called Freeze plus P in training and he is confident that it would take the fight out of 99% of the population.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Hey "RugerRon" I carry the Fox Labs 5.3 on the recommendation of "NC Bullseye" and "Guantes".
    I'm in Florida, a very pro-gun state, but we are limited to 2oz or less.
    Just be sure of your local laws.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There are no guarantees with any chemical agent that falls within the constraints currently mandated.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRon View Post
    Thanks Bullseye... I'm wondering if I should buy "over-the-counter" or hit up one of my cop buddies. I live on the MS/AL line I doubt they restrict if others don't. Pretty pro-gun area at least.
    I've ordered cases of Fox from Baumshoe and have had excellent service and pricing from them. Their web site is Police Equipment :: Public Safety Equipment :: Police Uniforms :: 5.11 Tactical :: Duty Gear :: Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply ::Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply, police gear,law enforcement gear

To give you the readers digest version of the training, get the flip top MK3 Fox Labs 5.3 ( 2OZ) in the CONE pattern not the stream. Simple non long winded explanation is it's easier to hit someone in the eyes with a pie than a laser beam. For non professionals that won't be training on a very regular basis, the cone pattern is the way to go.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

As to the Freese plus p, it's another contender but not as established as Fox Labs or Sabre

Thanks guys, and appreciate the link Bullseye...

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Wasp and Hornet killer has more range and a better effect.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post

Don't believe every email you are forwarded.

1. It's against the law to use it intentionally in that manner.
    2. You're going to look awfully funny walking around with a can of Wasp spray in your pocket.
    3. Since it's not test for self defense purposes you have no idea of the long term effect it may have on someone (or yourself).
    4. How far it can spray and it's effective accurate range are two very different things.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    So does a big rock but that doesn't make it suitable for that use.

VIP Member
    As has been stated OC may not work on everyone. Any variation is simply a pain compliance device and what hurts you may not hurt me or someone else.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    As has been stated OC may not work on everyone. Any variation is simply a pain compliance device and what hurts you may not hurt me or someone else.
    yeah especially guys who are under the influence of drugs.
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

My wife just got sprayed with the LEO oc spray in training and let me tell you she was in some serious pain for 2 days after. I wont carry the stuff cause I have heard that if you spray someone with it and they have any kind of breathing problems like asthma you can kill them and you are not covered under the same statues you are with your ccw so it would be murder. Dont know how true that is maybe a LEO or Lawer on here can clarrify that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links