AutoZone carries S&W knives, are they any good? - Page 3

AutoZone carries S&W knives, are they any good?

This is a discussion on AutoZone carries S&W knives, are they any good? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My brother has a couple of S&W knifes for a couple of years now & likes his real well. I remember when he bought them ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: AutoZone carries S&W knives, are they any good?

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    My brother has a couple of S&W knifes for a couple of years now & likes his real well. I remember when he bought them they were in the 30 dollar range.

I've purchased inexpensive knives. They don't seem to last, but that's okay... they're cheap and replaceable. I like assisted openers. But cheap ones really don't last.

One I have been ED Carrying for a long time is the Gerber EAB (not the recalled one).
    EAB-Pocket-Knife_ful.jpg

While the knife is inexpensive, replacement blades are even cheaper (10 each, or 5 per usable blade portion).

unnamed.jpg

With only 1" of blade exposed, I don't think I'll be stabbing anyone with it... but you could slice someone to ribbons.

My other almost EDC is a Victorinox Swisstool. I don't carry it when I'm dressed up for church or nice dinner out, but for every day wear and casual dining, I almost always have it on.

vm_53905_sol_a02.jpg
    Attached Images
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

buddy I rec'd a really nice S&W knife (that I have carried daily for almost 7 years) as a gift from my brother; I absolutely love that knife. When he gave it to me I was worried about the price -- mainly because I didn't him spending $100 on me. He told me he spent $40 on it; I've used it tons of times, it's still sharp and nice. I also have a $24 cold steel knife about 5 years ago, now that thing is a piece of art. That sucker is so sharp it aint even funny! That's a neck knife so I don't use that for anything, and boy that thing feels like a razor blade.

I also just picked up a $7 knife from Amazon.com just for goofs, and I gotta tell ya that thing isn't bad considering the price! I mainly got that so I could stop using my S&W so much (if I broke that knife it would break my heart) and I'm impressed at what $7 got me! If I ever had to use my knife for a defensive situation and I only had my $7 knife on me, believe it or not I'd be fine with that...she's sturdy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links