2-3" American-made Fixed blade back-up....IDEAS? - Page 2

2-3" American-made Fixed blade back-up....IDEAS?

This is a discussion on 2-3" American-made Fixed blade back-up....IDEAS? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by buckeye .45 The Ka-Bar TDI The TDI is made in Taiwan....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2-3" American-made Fixed blade back-up....IDEAS?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    The Ka-Bar TDI
    The TDI is made in Taiwan.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndo View Post
    The Spartan Enyo is another USA made favorite of mine.
    That's where my money would go.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Take a look at the BHK Lil Muk. Made in USA and is RAZOR sharp.
    Blind Horse Knives

nessy004.jpeg

I love my Izula.
    Got it here:
    ESEE Izula
    However, the Spartan is an incredible piece.

VIP Member
    You won't be sorry with an ESEE. I have an Izula and it's one stout little fixed blade.

Benchmade and kershaw blades are always good they have a wide variety of fixed and folders...stay away from gerber their quality has gone down crapper, bought my dad one for Christmas got it out of the package and it really feels like a 5 dollar knife...hope this helps
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    ESEE Knives

KnivesShipFree, The Knife Connection and Smoky Mountain Knife Works sell them as well as other retailers.
    Prices depend on what you want. They are offered in different colors, handle materials and with or without accessories. I believe that you can also purchase them bare, without sheaths, online.

I have an Esee 3MIL and an Izula II. I gave around $100 for the 3MIL and I believe $70 for the Izula II.

I carry the Izula II quite a bit for EDC. It has the same blade as the Izula but with a bit of a longer handle.

Best warranty in the business. You break it, they replace it.
    Company is located in Alabama and also offers survival training, both foreign and domestic.
    Knives are made in Idaho in a family owned, family operated shop.

If you want to go a little above 3", The Eskabar produced by Ka-Bar is a knife that combines the Izula's handle with the blade shape of the Becker BK11(Becker BK11). I believe that you can find them for around $30 online.
    Nice knives i dont supose you are aware of how much the esee-5 knives are i think im going to be picking up a new knife.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    ESEE Knives

KnivesShipFree, The Knife Connection and Smoky Mountain Knife Works sell them as well as other retailers.
    Prices depend on what you want. They are offered in different colors, handle materials and with or without accessories. I believe that you can also purchase them bare, without sheaths, online.

I have an Esee 3MIL and an Izula II. I gave around $100 for the 3MIL and I believe $70 for the Izula II.

I carry the Izula II quite a bit for EDC. It has the same blade as the Izula but with a bit of a longer handle.

Best warranty in the business. You break it, they replace it.
    Company is located in Alabama and also offers survival training, both foreign and domestic.
    Knives are made in Idaho in a family owned, family operated shop.

If you want to go a little above 3", The Eskabar produced by Ka-Bar is a knife that combines the Izula's handle with the blade shape of the Becker BK11(Becker BK11). I believe that you can find them for around $30 online.
    Nice knives i dont supose you are aware of how much the esee-5 knives are i think im going to be picking up a new knife.

I carry the Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Serrated. It's an excellent knife and Chicago-legal at 2 5/16" blade length. KA-BAR Knives, Inc. - Knives > All Categories > TDI Law Enforcement Knife, Serrated - Hardcore Lives. Hardcore Knives.

I bought mine here: KA-BAR Knives: KABAR TDI Law Enforcement Knife, Serrated, KA-1481

It comes with a fitted sheath (the knife snap locks into place, so it won't fall out) and belt clip affixed to the sheath with allen screws. Overall it's a great design for concealment.

Administrator
    Small lightweight fixed blade fighting knife? The SOG Mini-Pentagon Boot Knife.

lowest price on Ebay $52.00 & Shipping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links