The Latest Busse Combat Blade Is Wicked Bad !

This is a discussion on The Latest Busse Combat Blade Is Wicked Bad ! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Argonne Assault LB http://www.bussecombat.com/ Blade Steel - INFI Blade Length - 10" Overall Length - 16" Blade Width - 1-7/8" Thickness: Approx .250" (coated ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By cj

Thread: The Latest Busse Combat Blade Is Wicked Bad !

Administrator

Post The Latest Busse Combat Blade Is Wicked Bad !

The Argonne Assault LB

http://www.bussecombat.com/

Blade Steel - INFI
    Blade Length - 10"
    Overall Length - 16"
    Blade Width - 1-7/8"
    Thickness: Approx .250" (coated blades)
    Hardness - 58-60 Rc
    Base Price - $597.00

I know that I'm getting one.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Looks like an interesting modern take on the old Knuckleduster
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

First those Busse's are so tuff that I field dressed a humvee that I got during Michigan's SUV season.
    Second, some LEOs may consider the knife as a set of brass knuckles, possibily a felony.

Administrator
    Bill -

The Argonne Assault is restricted from delivery to certain states under the provisions of those certain states statutes. We will not ship the Argonne Assault to MA, NY, CA, or DE.

Looks like it would be very good for gutting watermellons.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Bill -

The Argonne Assault is restricted from delivery to certain states under the provisions of those certain states statutes. We will not ship the Argonne Assault to MA, NY, CA, or DE.
    I think the legality of it would be questionable in several states, due to the handguard, as well as it being edged on both sides. Nonetheless, it looks sweet.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    I know that the Busse knives are not cheap. This one is priced higher than most.
    Some folks may not think that they are worth the cost because there ARE other great knives out there that cost less. I agree.
    To me the Busse knives are worth it.
    They are also a great knife to collect if you keep them in NEW/UNUSED condition because they always increase in dollar worth.
    I intend to keep this one in NEW/UNUSED condition & I'll be making a custom leather sheath for it.

I am 100% addicted to INFI steel.
    I have really used and beat the livin' crap out of my Tankbuster and the coating took a bruising...so I stripped that off the blade & a year later the blade edge is still pristine (amazingly no edge chipping for that very high Rc hardness) and no rusting or staining even though INFI is not Stainless.

Senior Moderator
    That is a good looking knife.
    That might be a good one to have someday.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    A Little Pricey there But I like it!!. Here`s my ***** special from Harbor Freight at $6.99,cut down a small tree with it yesterday and it`s still sharp,not bad.

Modern trench knife... I'm the first to say whatever makes you happy, but for the price it better cook me breakfast, too.

Administrator
    Interesting. Try and duplicate the destructive testing found on knifetests.com on the Harbor Freight knife. If it survives I'll buy more than a few of them at that low price. The survivability of the Busse knives in destructive testing at knifetests is what first got me turned on to Busse and INFI steel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    A Little Pricey there But I like it!!. Here`s my ***** special from Harbor Freight at $6.99,cut down a small tree with it yesterday and it`s still sharp,not bad.

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I know that the Busse knives are not cheap. This one is priced higher than most.
    Some folks may not think that they are worth the cost because there ARE other great knives out there that cost less. I agree.
    To me the Busse knives are worth it.
    They are also a great knife to collect if you keep them in NEW/UNUSED condition because they always increase in dollar worth.
    I intend to keep this one in NEW/UNUSED condition & I'll be making a custom leather sheath for it.
    +1 on this. I can't count how many pistols I've now traded for or purchased, or classes that were funded, by slowly selling off my Busse collection. Now I'm looking at another M&P, and eyeing which Busse to clear out...

I also recall when the first Argonne Assault version came out and all the fuss about that as well. I was in CA at the time, so it was a no-go there.
    QKShooter likes this.

Administrator
    cj

Well, I've got my Argonne Assault order in & now "the wait is on" ~ I hear ya on California.

I am in PA and this particular knife would be considered to be a "knuck knife" plus it sports a double edge so I can COLLECT it but, can't use it so I'll just "safe queen" it.

What I have been doing to pay for my Busse knives is buy mine and use it for a pattern to make just enough leather sheaths for that model to pay for my knife.

That keeps Mrs. QKShooter happy.

Links