Cold Steel SRK -- Leg sheath available?

This is a discussion on Cold Steel SRK -- Leg sheath available? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Surprising to some, I'm a pretty outdoorsy guy, and one of my favorite things to do is go canoeing. Lately I've been searching all over ...

Thread: Cold Steel SRK -- Leg sheath available?

Question Cold Steel SRK -- Leg sheath available?

Surprising to some, I'm a pretty outdoorsy guy, and one of my favorite things to do is go canoeing. Lately I've been searching all over for a good-looking rugged canoeing knife. That's how I found the Cold Steel SRK.

I really like the shape/contour/look of this knife, but I prefer to carry my blade in a leg sheath/ankle sheath. Does the "secure-ex" sheath that these knives are sold with convert into a leg sheath? If so, how is it done? If that's not possible, do you guys know where I might find either a leg sheath or a shoulder rig for this blade?

2. Remove Ads

Awsome knife... The one day I showed up to a store to buy them they were out... Never got back to it... I don't know of any sheaths out there for it but heres a link to the guy that makes all my holsters...

he makes stuff for mags and flashlights too... I'm sure he would custom make a kydex sheath to your specs for a reasonable price...

www.rmholsters.com
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

VIP Member
    Those holes and notches on the side of the sheath are designed to string lanyard and other straps through, so you should be able to come up with a leg rig. Maybe some straps wide enough to slide through those notches along with some snap buckles (like on a backpack) or velcro would work. You could cannibalize a rifle sling or go to a luggage store and find some straps/buckles there.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Lead Moderator
    Sportsmans guide has leg knife harnesses for knives. The SRK is a great knife, my bro owns 1. Never tried it for extreme wet conditions , but I bet it will do just fine.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Eagle Industries and Spec-Ops both offer "universal" knife sheaths that will work. I'm not a big fan of CS's premolded rigs. Just me, though.....

Links