Cold steel good edc?

This is a discussion on Cold steel good edc? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a good edc knife really liking the Spartan would this be a good choice or is there better for about the same price ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cold steel good edc?

Cold steel good edc?

Looking for a good edc knife really liking the Spartan would this be a good choice or is there better for about the same price thanks for any help or suggestions

2. Remove Ads

I have the Spartan, the Rajah 3 and the medium Espada and of them all the Rajah is my favorite. It carries better and feel better in my hand than the others. I own everything from Blade Tech to Benchmade to Microtech and more Spydercos than I will ever need and I am always picking the Rajah lately. When I draw the Spartan I have to get a grip on it, the Rajah is just "there" when I draw it.

I bought my first CS in 1988 and I have had nothing but good experiences except for the fact that they won't bring back the discontinued Mini Tanto in San Mai III no matter how much I cry and whine.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Cold Steel is top notch. I carry a Voyager as my EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received my Cold Steel Spartan in the mail. It's BIG, solid, heavy, and locks up like a bank vault.

COLD STEEL SPARTAN.JPG

You may want to also carry a smaller more "socially acceptable" knife for light cutting tasks in public places. If you whip out this pocket sword to cut a loose thread on your t-shirt, you may raise a few eyebrows. Make no mistake... this is a SELF DEFENSE folder designed to do bad things to bad people. If you're not looking for that, it might not be what you need.

I EDC mine along with a SOG Trident for utility type cutting.

*also, the wave-style stud on the blade makes pocket deployment instantaneous!
    Last edited by GlockZombie; December 16th, 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: after thought

47ksu.jpg

About 5 years old, doesn't get treated very well. Still works great, even without the tip!

,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post
    47ksu.jpg

About 5 years old, doesn't get treated very well. Still works great, even without the tip!

Out of curiosity, how did you break the tip?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I carry a Voyager Large ... excellent ....

The CS Ti-lites, in 4" and 6", are excellent EDC knives well worth owning. Solid and reliable, razor sharp, and deployment is impressive.

"It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you break the tip?
    Prying a window open to manipulate the latch from the outside to break in (helping the locked-out owner get in). Took quite a bit of force.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

If you want a high quality alternative to look at be sure to check out ZT Knives. I love them. I have the ZT350 that I carry often. Very strong and very sharp. Cold Steel very high quality as are Spartan Knives. Have an Enyo and love that too.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    If you want a high quality alternative to look at be sure to check out ZT Knives. I love them. I have the ZT350 that I carry often. Very strong and very sharp. Cold Steel very high quality as are Spartan Knives. Have an Enyo and love that too.
    They are proud of those Zero Tolerance knives. It seems like they average around $200 bucks!

Cool

Cold Steel has always filled my needs for a EDC utility knife at a resonable price.

photo.jpg Glock 19 and CS Lawman....
    click image to enlarge....
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Another "vote" for Cold Steel..

Still have the SRK Carbon V blade I bought WAY back from the base PX.. OMG.. that was over 17 yrs ago, back when they came in the cordura sheaths not the newer tacicool kydex things like nowadays. Been an excellent blade and still love it.

Hmm.. feeling my age now..

Well got my cs Spartan an the OSS knife in ,dam the Spartan is like a fold up hand sword very nice knives thanks for all the input guys .think they will serve there purpose well

Cold Steel makes some of the best stuff and they are very reasonably priced. I carry the cold steel reacon 1 every day. I figure if its good enough for the Navy SEALS its good enough for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links