Oops !!!!

This is a discussion on Oops !!!! within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well 2 days ago i met up with my sister and her daughter to have lunch, as usual i had on my person my EDC ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Oops !!!!

Oops !!!!

Well 2 days ago i met up with my sister and her daughter to have lunch, as usual i had on my person my EDC sp101 and OC spray "saber" well i had the spray in my front right pocket in the small pocket that is inside of your big pocket so it stuck out the top a little, nice and easy to grab if needed.
    we went to a local restaurant in the mall and when i sat down my belt must have pushed down the button to discharge the spray and it started to spray under my shirt all over my belly and the inside of my shirt.
    at first i heard this shhhhh sound and just thought it was the air escaping from my cushion of the chair that i just sat down on, then i felt this cold liquid and then turning warm on my belly and realized what it was.
    i immediately gut up and told my sister i would be right back and left the restaurant since the spray was still in my shirt, i went right outside to air it out.
    well, i guess i did not get out quick enough because when i went back in to let my sister know what had happened she and a bunch of the staff and guests were out in the mall entrance of the place.
    she said don't go in there there is something in the air.
    she was warning everyone not to go in there and don't let their kids go in either.
    she thought it was some sort of "terror attack" she said.
    i whispered to her what had happened and she started to laugh.
    i did not think it was that funny and said lets get out of here.
    so we went to another place down the street after i had changed my shirt that was in my truck.
    so now i learned a good lesson.
    don't put your spray in your small front pocket and don't buy the spray that has that kind of button even though it has a lock on it because when it is pushed to the left it can still be unlocked easily.
    i will go back to the other spray i used to have that was fox labs.
    it has a flip top that will not be that easy to trigger by mistake.
    so go ahead and laugh at me, or let me have it for being so careless where i place my spray.

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Spade115 and Rock and Glock like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

haha nice smooth move lol

VIP Member
    Gotta admit, it was a learning experience and no one was hurt.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    you owe me a new laptop.......
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Would you like some fresh pepper (spray) with your salad?

I don't suppose it tastes quite as good, though.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Well, it is food grade.

That is funny....Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh....

Administrator
    So you just left that restaurant with those employees thinking they were possible victims of a terror attack?

What about the business that they possibly lost because they had to clear the place out?

Admittedly the scenario is humorous on the surface.

BUT, you are still the individual directly responsible for disrupting a business and possibly costing them money in lost customers.
    As well as lost time in investigating the source of the contaminated air.
    Since they serve food to the public I'm certain they were doubly concerned about an unknown airborne contamination source.

So while I'm not going to fault you for the location of your OC Spray I AM going to fault you for the irresponsible and very immature way that you handled the scenario as soon as you realized that you were responsible for the evacuation of the business establishment.

What IF you cost them a few hundred dollars in lost business revenue?

The entire situation was unintentional (on your part) but you still need to "Man Up" and make a phone call & explain what happened and offer to make good for any losses that you caused.

Just my personal opinion on that.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    So you just left that restaurant with those employees thinking they were possible victims of a terror attack?

What about the business that they possibly lost because they had to clear the place out?

Admittedly the scenario is humorous on the surface.

BUT, you are still the individual directly responsible for disrupting a business and possibly costing them money in lost customers.
    As well as lost time in investigating the source of the contaminated air.
    Since they serve food to the public I'm certain they were doubly concerned about an unknown airborne contamination source.

So while I'm not going to fault you for the location of your OC Spray I AM going to fault you for the irresponsible and very immature way that you handled the scenario as soon as you realized that you were responsible for the evacuation of the business establishment.

What IF you cost them a few hundred dollars in lost business revenue?

The entire situation was unintentional (on your part) but you still need to "Man Up" and make a phone call & explain what happened and offer to make good for any losses that you caused.

Just my personal opinion on that.
    I would be hard pressed to disagree.
    guardmt likes this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

it really was not all that bad, the sorrounding people just had a little tickel in their throats that made them cough and clear their throats a little it would be cleared in a matter of minutes, i know no one would be harmed by it and i was pritty imbaresed that it happened and just wanted to get out of there, my sister really made a big thing over somthing not that bad i just had to get out of there so my clothes would not make the place worse, and it was not like it was alot of people it was my sister and 2 or so workers that were right near our table that were effected. they might have lost one customer that my sister told them not to go in there with their kid, and my sister and my dumb a##.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for posting. Ideally, you would have instructed your sister, as soon as you realized that there was a scene (that you reasonably did not foresee), to inform the manager of the source of the irritant, that you would be returning after changing the offending garmet for a clean one to discuss. It's not too late to reconsider.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I agree with QK, you should of owned up to your mistake, and informed the management of the issue. It may not seem like a big deal to you, but it could of been to them. I would expect a fellow Marine to have the moral fortitude to own the situation he created. But that is just my opinion.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I'm with QKShooter (& others) on this one - you shoulda come clean so that they could've aired the place out without the concern of being exposed to something more sinister.

I tried putting my Sabre keychain canister in that pocket as well, but felt I would have had the trouble you experience had I left it there. I keep it in my regular front pocket now & am frequently orienting it for quick access, always checking that little safety tab to make sure it's in the safe postion.

Did you experience any burns or side effects to the skin exposure?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    This I believe not. It has a odor alright, but not OC spray...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links