Defensive Carry banner

Pistol Bayonets - does any one use them

10K views 47 replies 39 participants last post by  thephanatik 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Just like any other bayonet training if you are that close someone always has one round left.

But.....

I can't wait to see the first holster for it.

#5 ·
I also throw knives and tomohawks.

I have to admit that it took awhile to figure out the balance and range. Once I did, I got to be pretty good with it hitting the X ring quite often.

It was hard on the Sig though. I broke the front sight twice and went through 3 pairs of grips.

#19 ·
I also throw knives and tomohawks.

I have to admit that it took awhile to figure out the balance and range. Once I did, I got to be pretty good with it hitting the X ring quite often.

It was hard on the Sig though. I broke the front sight twice and went through 3 pairs of grips.
So when you run out of ammo, have you considered throwing the whole pistol at the BG (with bayonete attached, of course)?

#11 ·
Talk about pain! I used one once to clean out my ear... now that's pain (paraphrase of old SNL skit)!

No use for one... but I like the one that fits on the little .22 derringer/revolver, and the laser for that too! They're just CUTE.

#13 ·
I'm still waiting for the Glock mounted grenade launcher.

#15 ·
There's nothing new under the sun.

It's all been done before.

Just the thing for the trenches of the Somme in World War I, a Webley Mark VI .455 equipped with a Pritchard bayonet with speedy reloads on tap from a handy Prideaux speed loader. A Webley with a speed loader would still be a formidable side arm for most purposes. The Pritchard bayonet ... not so hot.

Pritchard Bayonet on Webley Mark VI - YouTube

Reactions: DRM and RockStrongo
#16 ·
#17 ·
sharp and menacing, these knives are reserved for gangsters, no?
No.

When pistol bayonets are outlawed, only outlaws would have pistol bayonets...you know, kind of like in England where its against the law to defend yourself with anything other than a wooden spoon.

#23 ·
So when you run out of ammo, have you considered throwing the whole pistol at the BG (with bayonete attached, of course)?
Yeah. I figure a heavy Sig stuck in the forehead would be a pretty good detterant, dont you?

Of course, my gun and all my mags woudl be empty..thus the bayonet action.

One never can tell....

#26 ·
Ahhh - the Elgin Cutlass pistol returns. I see this as being great for eating, in case you are attacked by brigands and footpads while cutting a pork chop. If I hadn't seen the video I would have thought it was a joke. Maybe it IS a joke.

#31 ·
Remember the superman shows from the early 60's and when the bad guy ran out of bullets and threw the gun at him; what if they had a bayonet on those old colt 38 specials. Would superman have got cut if it was made of kryptonite instead of ducking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.