Where to find different state knife laws---

This is a discussion on Where to find different state knife laws--- within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I need help. I am looking at getting a nice folding knife for EDC and self defense if needed. (mostly EDC). I motorcycle ...

Thread: Where to find different state knife laws---

Where to find different state knife laws---

Hey guys, I need help. I am looking at getting a nice folding knife for EDC and self defense if needed. (mostly EDC). I motorcycle all around the country and don't want to get caught with my pants down by not knowing where and what kind of knife I can carry. I have a concealed carry permit and usually carry my pistol when riding. When in a state that doesn't honor my permits, I unload and lock in the saddlebag.

Are the state laws that restrictive with knives that a guy can get into trouble without knowing it? Where can I find out the various state laws? Is there a basic knife that passes in most states. I'm looking at some kind of assisted/auto opening. Probably 3" blade or so. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Thanks, seems like each state is different. Looks like anything auto is out of the question. I assume a 3" assisted opening is OK is most states. And just don't be stupid with it.

Links