New guy and revisiting TX knife laws.

This is a discussion on New guy and revisiting TX knife laws. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm just the opposite, I prefer no serrations, they just chap me the wrong way. I guess I'm just set in my ways, but I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New guy and revisiting TX knife laws.

I'm just the opposite, I prefer no serrations, they just chap me the wrong way. I guess I'm just set in my ways, but I have a very specific resharpening method that doesn't allow for serrations. It's quick and allows me to get right back to razor sharp in 5 minutes or less. I'm just old school, I suppose, serrations are for steak knives..

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TxStorm View Post
    If you really want amusing Texas laws, try our Liquor Laws...
    ... it goes downhill from there.
    I found Texas to be a bit of a culture shock. In Northern Virginia, a turn-signal means, "I'm changing lanes, cut me off if you can!" In Texas, people pull over and invite you to pass. Conversations were peppered with "Yes Sir" and "No Mam". It took me a while to relax enough to understand that they weren't trying to manipulate me, they were actually nice! What a concept?

If you want a good sturdy knife look at the mule. I posted the one I had. It also comes tanto no serrations, and with the basic drop point.

Real good and I mis-used that knife lol.

Great pry bar for 25 dollars :D Id really recommend it.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by GettingOld2 View Post
    I found Texas to be a bit of a culture shock. In Northern Virginia, a turn-signal means, "I'm changing lanes, cut me off if you can!" In Texas, people pull over and invite you to pass. Conversations were peppered with "Yes Sir" and "No Mam". It took me a while to relax enough to understand that they weren't trying to manipulate me, they were actually nice! What a concept?
    +1 same experience here! I hope it stays this way.

- Sent via Tapatalk on Android -

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Me personally I like options lol

Ive carried knives since I was 11 (about 15 years ago now :/)

and since learning knife laws better I carry 5-20 dollar knives for work (incase it breaks or whatever) carry fixed blades and whatever knife I own since riding my motorcycle I tend to carry a larger folder/fixed because ive actually had to use it to reach a clip or something that fell under the seat between the motor and trans and didnt want to burn myself. lol

My girlfriend bought me the BM LFK because I liked it, I ended up loving it and put it away after a year so I could buy another so I wouldnt break that one (they no longer make the original one and only make a Harley version of it) My dad use's one for carpentry work and I gave him my mule (so I need to order another one for myself)

I use my knives for the same as you (I have found serrations to work better with cardboard though :P )

but like I said options have always helped. I like serrations for wiring and tanto for cutting meats (I put the sharp flat side down and use it at an angle to cut clean)

but like I said I just like options.

If you like the benchmade id reccomend it, best 75 I spent
    I've been carry a knofe since before I was 11 (40 years Ago). One of my first knifes was an old Kbar type Bowie knife that WII vet gave me. What was he thinking giving an 8 year old a 8 in Bowie knife from WII? My Grandmother took it away from me. Sure wish I had my Grandmother and that knife back.

Quote Originally Posted by GettingOld2 View Post
    Yeppers.. they call it a "emergency lane" officially.. to most of us it's pretty much a DOT funded passing lane for slower traffic. Takes awhile for most new folks to figure out why the guy/gal in front of you keeps slipping off to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    I've been carry a knofe since before I was 11 (40 years Ago). One of my first knifes was an old Kbar type Bowie knife that WII vet gave me. What was he thinking giving an 8 year old a 8 in Bowie knife from WII? My Grandmother took it away from me. Sure wish I had my Grandmother and that knife back.
    lol when i was 4 my dad left my mom at 8 he tried to make it up and give me a whale bone handle knife. they took it away from me and have no idea what ever happened to it found out it was worth like 2 grand at the time and "no one" in the family knows what happened to it o.0.....

I do have a vietnam knife from my buddys girlfriend, great knife. she hated he was fighting and gave me the knife because im the craziest person she knows and knows i will take care of it. Camo painted also
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

VIP Member
    I'm glad to hear some of you had good visits
    I'm one of a few on here that have posted on the Texas knife law threads

Tanto blades are legal....period, the tanto portion is irrelevant, its the back side of the blade that becomes an issue when it gets sharpened--making it a 2-sided blade = illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator
    IMO, knife laws are really 'intent' laws and 'pile-on' laws and traffic stop enhancers (for LEOs to violate your rights)
    laughable
    Spade115 likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I'm glad to hear some of you had good visits
    I'm one of a few on here that have posted on the Texas knife law threads

Tanto blades are legal....period, the tanto portion is irrelevant, its the back side of the blade that becomes an issue when it gets sharpened--making it a 2-sided blade = illegal

laughable
    Thanks for the straight forward answer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links