spyderco tencious

This is a discussion on spyderco tencious within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; is the spyderco tencious a good carry knife i have a sog trident tanto but want a utility blade...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spyderco tencious

spyderco tencious

is the spyderco tencious a good carry knife i have a sog trident tanto but want a utility blade

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    I have a tenacious and the delica 4 FFG, I like both a lot but prefer to carry the delica. It feels smaller in the pocket (didn't look up the specs but I think its lighter).

I don't think you can go wrong with the tenacious, it is a really high value knife.
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

The Tenacious is a great beater EDC blade. I'm a sub-contractor, and I carry either a Tenacious or a Spyderco Persistence (a little smaller) everyday while I'm working. You can get either one for $25-30 with a little searching. Not the greatest steel, but very easy to sharpen, and is a heck of a lot more knife than it's price point would dictate. Best of all, at that price I really could care less if they get dinged up. When I'm not at work my EDC is a Spyderco Sage. S30V steel, and an awesome low profile wire pocket clip that is the ultimate in discretion. Man I love knife shopping! You lucky guy...

I love my Tenacious, it's my favorite knife at this moment. Definitely a great buy, very well put together, good steel, easy to sharpen.

I just bought one today on ebay. I hope uts as good as my CRKT Ignitor( although they are 2 knives meant for 2 different tasks). I read great things about the Tenacious.

I have the endura with the wave and its my favorite knife ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    I have the endura with the wave and its my favorite knife ever.....
    +1 to the Spyderco Endura gen 4 with Wave.

Nice knife but I find it a little big for front pocket EDC.Back pocket or belt carry maybe.

I carry the Spyderco Tenacious with the spyder edge as my EDC Tactical folder, it's light and easy to deploy, my EDC general purpose blade (opening boxes, etc) is the SOG Flash I.

I have the Persistence, the Tenacious and the Resilience, all three great knives and cheap enough to throw away when dull and get a new one. Slicing cheese is a snap due to the flat grind. The Resilience is easy to kinetic open. (Be careful disassembling for cleaning, it's very difficult if not impossible to put them back together the same way due to a strange configuration of the pin and multiple washers.)

6952 Beacon Hollow Turn, Boynton Beach, FL
    From where have you bought them? I searched a lot for them but was able to find them anywhere.
    Planning to remodel your kitchen, then think for Ready to assemble cabinets

What tool to change the clip location, loosen the screws?

I tried a t9 or t6 one of them, seem to fit, torx drive from Lowe's but just twisted the teeth on the bit. Any ideas on how to remove the clip screws to change sides?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMPG View Post
    I tried a t9 or t6 one of them, seem to fit, torx drive from Lowe's but just twisted the teeth on the bit. Any ideas on how to remove the clip screws to change sides?
    I just took my knife (a Delica) to Sears, went to the tool department, and asked the clerk for a driver that would fit. He found one, I bought it, and went home and changed the location of the clip. Only cost a few bucks for the driver. I don't remember what size it was--still have it somewhere, but haven't had occasion to use it again.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I just bought the Tencious about a month ago. I love it. Definitely a high value knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMPG View Post
    Should be the T6 but get a good one like an Irwin bit, thats what I used. Part# 1avj4 from Grainger Industrial Supply - MRO Supplies, MRO Equipment, Tools & Solutions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links