Ka-BAR TDI Folder Video Review.......

This is a discussion on Ka-BAR TDI Folder Video Review....... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up one of these TDI folders. It took a little while to grow on me with its larger size and unique design, but ...

Thread: Ka-BAR TDI Folder Video Review.......

Thumbs up Ka-BAR TDI Folder Video Review.......

I picked up one of these TDI folders. It took a little while to grow on me with its larger size and unique design, but now that I've been carrying it, its rather large size carries pretty small for some reason. I've seen some concerns with various parts of this knife and tried to address some of them in my video. For $30, I think its a great offensive/defensive knife.

2. Remove Ads

Where is the link to the video?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Where is the link to the video?
    It shows up right in the post for me. Could your server be blocking it for some reason? Like maybe doing it from work will block youtube?

Here is the direct link though
    KA-BAR TDI Folder - YouTube

This is an example of a good video knife review. Takes that "nutnfancy" guy out to the woodshed.

The liner lock doesn't look like much of a drawback here. Some people don't like them, but it's where the industry went. Regardless of how you feel about them, they are here to stay.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    This is an example of a good video knife review. Takes that "nutnfancy" guy out to the woodshed.

The liner lock doesn't look like much of a drawback here. Some people don't like them, but it's where the industry went. Regardless of how you feel about them, they are here to stay.
    Thanks for the kind words. I talked to John Benner a few weeks ago and he said that they are going to shorten the liner lock to fix some of the problem with the wobble of the blade.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say this was so much better than Mr. Nutn's reviews?

thanks for the review ive been looking for a new pocket knife for EDC and im going to have to try to get my hands on this and give it a try, thanks again

Nice review. Seems like an interesting knife that I'd like to try 'hands on' to see just how ergonomically friendly and 'tight' it really is. Note that they're still modifying it, namely the liner lock, to minimize wobble & flux in the blade when open--sounds serious in a good way--not your typical flea market knife.

I wonder if KA-BAR has any patents (pending) on the design/shape and if companies like Spyderco are making varients? Can you believe that Spyderco once had a patent (long expired) on any knife with a hole in its blade that assisted opening? Makes me wish I'd applied for a patent on holes in the ground I dug out in the woods when the great out doors were the only 'rest room' available!

Anyway---this knife, at $25.27 online, straight or serrated, with free shipping, seems like a good buy. I have some KA-BARS that are over 40 years old and I wouldn't part with them--it's a grand old name and my old milititary variants are still tough and capable. Alas, this KA-BAR folder's made in China---what would John Wayne have said? A KA-BAR 'folding knife'?--From China????

"Listen up, Pilgrims...."

Sponsor
    Thanks for the video!

A man without a knife is only half dressed, and that's if he's got a gun.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

I really like the idea of this knife and was seriously considering one for awhile. The issue is that I have read some bad things about the liner lock giving way. Given the design of the knife that's a VERY scary proposition to me. Do you happen to know if those issues have been addressed?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Rollo, that is precisely why I would opt for the fixed blade version. Understanding that the folding version grew out of a demand from many users, I would not be one of them. Again, opting for the fixed blade.

Great review SnareMan Thanks for posting your video.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Ima buy one! That's pretty BA to me! Iv been thinkin about the fixed blade but I like this one a lot...might have to get both! U can never have to many knives/guns!

what makes you say this was so much better than Mr. Nutn's reviews?
    A number of things. First, you know what you're talking about. Second, I didn't get bored. Third, you told me what I'd need to know in order to make a buying decision. Fourth, you structured the presentation in terms that were meaningful. Fifth, you had the fixed version available for comparison. Sixth, your production values were high. Seventh, you sound like someone I'd enjoy sitting down with to discuss edged weapons.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

looks pretty cool. i have the fixed blade version and carry it with me everywhere i go. far faster deployment than either my folder or my gun.

Was thinkin about getting the fixed blade version(probably still will) but than I saw this video and I went and got me the folding version. I love it! I put a lil zip tie in the thumb hole, and it works great as a lil snag so when I pull it out it opens and is ready to go. Not as fast as the fixed version but pretty close! Thanks for the video!

John Benner tells me that they are actually coming out with an updates version where the liner lock is shorter and thus creates less blade play. Not sure when it will be out. John also showed me the prototype TDI/Rick Hinderer version of the fixed blade version. It looks more angry.

Links