Wife wants a taser

Wife wants a taser

This is a discussion on Wife wants a taser within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is a bartender and works late with drunks. She isn't comfortable carrying a gun and i'm not gonna force the issue. i don't ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RonCo

Thread: Wife wants a taser

Wife wants a taser

My wife is a bartender and works late with drunks. She isn't comfortable carrying a gun and i'm not gonna force the issue. i don't want her to carry something she's not comfortable with. Not sure if OC spray is legal to own/use here in wisconsin. just haven't heard. I know that tasers are legal. With that being said, is there a type of taser that is better or worse than another? is there a good place to buy one? do i need to get a special permit or background check to get her one? We both are getting our CCW permits soon.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

New member from Kentucky. Most local law enforcement officers do not reccoment the tasers.When u have a drunk or drugged up indivudal all hopped up & their juices are flowing the civilian taser will only get them more fired up.Gun shops locally reccomend various types of pepper sprays that at least will temporarily blind & distract them so that the victim can get away .Both my daughter in laws now carry sprays.Ones an RN & the other is a pharmacist at a major grocery chain, neither of them can carry a concealed piece due to restrictiona at their workplace.Hopes this helps a little.

for the price of a laser you can get a gun

damn, call me silly but all I can see on that amazon post is restrictions from different states and really nothing about the product.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

....all hopped up on their juices. I like that. Sort of poetic.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    What will happen if the taser isn't effective?
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

sgb

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

There is a BIG difference between a "Taser" and a "stun gun". Taser is a brand name and they work completely different from stun guns.

Tasers interrupt the central nervous system and make voluntary muscle control impossible. IF good contact can be made with an assailant he will go down regardless of size, strength, or the concentration of horse prozac in his blood stream. When a criminal shakes off a "tase" it is because the prongs did not connect cleanly.

A stun gun is basically a over powered zapper. Meth may help you shrug one of those off.
    NIS350ZTT likes this.

Just because you have a taser or stun gun does not guarantee you can use it, or that you can deploy it when you need it. She should practice with it, deployment drills and some force on force training.

Look at a new company called phaZZer. Good product at a good price point. They sell cartridges with pepperballs or muzzle dispersion OC, as well as regular darts. If I had to get an electric weapon I'd give them a chance.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

So after the tase then what do you do? He gets up and knocks the poo out of you, if you don’t have some way to restrain him

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I've been tazed, maced, and tear gassed. Most effective was the mace, its the can of whoop $&#? That people talk about opening. Tazers.....not that long acting, and unlike another poster said can be fought through, I'm only 120 pounds and I can fight through it. Tear gas, just sucks to be breathing. Personally I carry a mix, Pepper spray, tear gas, and UV dye. Although those mixes aren't legal every where. Also stunguns get you way too close to use.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    C2 taser is what the cops recommended for me to get for my wife but at over 400.00. what sold me on it was that they require you to activate it online if it goes off or she uses it ithe probes have her name associated with it and they will replace it. When online they tell you if you use it to shoot it and run...
    if she don't feel comfortalbe with a gun why take a CCW class save the money for this,,,,
    You simply can’t enjoy life to the fullest without this kind of protection.
    Better yet if your activated TASER C2 is used in an attack and it gets left behind, you will be eligible for a replacement a no extra device at no additional charges to you.

Protect yourself with a now! Never feel scared again.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Sponsored Links