Need to get around a "no weapons" policy. - Page 4

Need to get around a "no weapons" policy.

This is a discussion on Need to get around a "no weapons" policy. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Truckdriver *pistol whipped. Auto correct got me.... Wooped sounded more 'southern' I like it!...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Need to get around a "no weapons" policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    *pistol whipped. Auto correct got me....
    Wooped sounded more 'southern' I like it!

I would go with the pocket pistol along with one or two of the awesome "not a weapon" ideas given here. That way you have a few levels before you have to all out break the policy and shoot somebody.

If you decide to carry a weapon and your job prohibits you to do that, plan on the bad guy or bad guys family to take you to a civil suit and end up winning for you defending your life.

... thats my opinion on the situation, nothing to see here move along!

I hesitate in adding this to the list, as it is especially dangerous... use with extreme caution and consider it a last resort...

whoopass.jpg

OpJ

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    The company I drive for has a policy against weapons. I travel the Midwest region and frequently make pre-dawn deliveries in undesirable areas. I also have to spend a lot of nights in rough looking areas. 2 of my co-workers have been robbed over the past few months. One was hog tied in Indianapolis and the other was pistol whooped in Flint, MI.
    Who cares about their policy? Do they guarantee your safety? CONCEALED means CONCEALED!!!!! Company policy is NOT law! Whats more important, possibly ******* off your company? or staying alive? If somebody decides to jack your truck, guess what? it won't be with a baseball bat. If your guns are too small to conceal correctly get one that is. Don't ever risk your safety or life for any job.

I'm thinking tactical flashlight with strobe feature, Mag Light in 3 C or D cell size, a "monkey fist" paracord keychain, and the small knife of your choice (I like Mantis for some small blades, Cold Steel too). A cane is nice if you can justify it. Those would be my choices if I decided not to just conceal a real weapon and shut up it was legal to do so.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Lots of people seem willing to lie to their employers. That is not something we should condone. It is wrong morally and I would argue legally since you agreed to the rules when your employer hired you and you are defrauding them by accepting your paycheck while not following the employment contract you have.

As a person raised with Judeo-Christian values I find it immoral and shocking that so many people willingly lie with ease. It is wrong and only hurts our image in the eyes of the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Lots of people seem willing to lie to their employers. That is not something we should condone. It is wrong morally and I would argue legally since you agreed to the rules when your employer hired you and you are defrauding them by accepting your paycheck while not following the employment contract you have.

As a person raised with Judeo-Christian values I find it immoral and shocking that so many people willingly lie with ease. It is wrong and only hurts our image in the eyes of the general public.

Well technically speaking, osha requires an employer to provide a safe work place, if you're unarmed you aren't safe, so I guess they violated that contract too, so an eye for an eye.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    Well technically speaking, osha requires an employer to provide a safe work place, if you're unarmed you aren't safe, so I guess they violated that contract too, so an eye for an eye.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    IF they don't have blast doors then you are unsafe. If they don't dress you in a biohazard suit then you are unsafe.

Sorry but being unarmed does not equal unsafe. You took the job knowing that they would not allow you to work. Therefore it is on you and not the employer.

If your any type of DOT truck driver it's totally illegal to carry in your truck
    If you get stopped and weapon is found your going to jail.

I love the bandana with a padlock idea! Nobody would ever question that on a truck driver. Monkey fist on the key ring is great too. Tactical pen is another good idea.

My unbelievably simple idea comes from a self defense class I took in 2008. It is simply a 6 inch long piece of 1/2" dowel. Fits in your pocket and you can carry it in your hand without any one noticing. Any one questions it, you can say you were doing some work at home, stuck it your pocket and forgot it was in there.
    Question Everything!

I would rather get fired for using a "concealed weapon" that beaten and robbed for obeying company policy. Concealed means no one knows about it.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by flor1 View Post
    If your any type of DOT truck driver it's totally illegal to carry in your truck
    If you get stopped and weapon is found your going to jail.
    Please site the law (specifically) that your basing that statement on because there is NO law saying truck drivers can't carry guns. A truck or other vehicle being USDOT registered does not change that. The Peaceable Journey/FOPA applies same as it does to everybody else. Most truckers that carry (which there is NO shortage of) have non-res permits to extend reciprocity just like anybody else would. Aside from that, locked up and unloaded just like anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post

Please make some sense of that statement. You get paid to WORK, if your working and doing your job, your not defrauding anybody. Company policy is NOT law, so there is no legality issue. Law & Religion have no place in the same sentence, this is why. When somebody that is intent on robbing and killing you has a gun, you keep praying to become bulletproof, I might die, but at least I'll have a CHANCE of walking away.

You also get paid to follow the agrees to rules. If you agree to be there at 9:00 and don't come in until whenever you feel like it, you can lose your job. Sorry but it is a contract. If you feel your word isn't worth dirt then that's fine, but I will still believe in honor and integrity. Sorry but the law says you entered an agreement then tou should follow it. As far as religion, it is a sin to lie and some of us take that seriously. Whether you do or don't, that is your business. But nevertheless you are still a liar and a dishonorable person to break the agreement with your employer.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links