so im looking to pick up a new EDC knife but im looking for something a little specific and i was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of a few names of what might suit my needs.
1.will be and EDC primary for general utility opening boxes ext but i want something with a little larger incase i would need it for a Self Defense situation. (god forbid)
2. i want it to have a blade length greater then 3", even 4" or greater would be a viable option for me.
3. be a thicker blade knife. something that i feel like i could pry up on something with and not worrie about the blade snaping. (not saying i am prying with it, just trying to put into words what im looking for)
4. be a wider blade knife. kind of go hand and hand with above.
5. would really prefer something with and assit to open option, but a good smooth one hand open knife would be consider
6. blade style is not an issue to me, tanto, drop point ext ext
7. a handle to be something that you feel like your actually holding onto to something when its in your hand, like a benchmade griptilian handle.
i know i mentioned a benchmade griptilian above and i think that is the best option ive come across as of yet but want to see if there is other options out there befor i spend $150 on a knife. I also like that look and feel of the blade of the kershaw blur but the handle is no where near as thick as i would like and doesnt feel good in my hand, just feels too thin.
i know i put alot of details above i hope thats a help and not making me seem like a picky SOB ive just bought a few knives in the past year and wasnt really happy with them so i would like to try and get it right this time. any and all advise and options you can give me would be greatly appreciated, and if you have something you want to sell send me a PM also.