Any love for Emerson's here?

This is a discussion on Any love for Emerson's here? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Evening everyone just curious who here rocks an Emerson knife as a part of their EDC gear? Joe...

Thread: Any love for Emerson's here?

Any love for Emerson's here?

Evening everyone just curious who here rocks an Emerson knife as a part of their EDC gear?
    Joe

2. Remove Ads

I love my CQC 8

This is a very sore subject for me. My favorite knife is a benchmade with an Emerson cqc7 tanto blade. I love the liner lock and the feel of the handle. BUT... It don't carry it. The tanto blade is far less usefull than an ordinary blade (try using it on a steak), and the pocket clip is on the wrong end of the knife. Like I said, it drives me crazy because I could hold that sucker in my hand all day. Anyone know where I can get the same knife with these two faults corrected?

I know they make a cqc 7 A which has a spear point blade but the pocket clip is where it is because the remote opener on my models requires it to be in that position, I know they will mount the pocket clip on the other side of the knife maybe it's worth emailing them about placing the pocket clip where you want it?

My favorite knife is my spyderco endura with the Emerson blade. Its awesome and super fast

I have two. While I love them, I don't carry them much anymore. But again, they are still classics from a guy who knows a little something about combat fighting knives.

They are not the best utility knife, and certainly not for everyone. They are designed for a gruesome job of fighting and killing with a knife. They are strong and durable and they work well. They get a lot of complaints about the grind he puts on the edge and the steel he uses, but if you know a little about the guy and his philosophies, you'll appreciate what he does.

For example, his pocket opening wave feature was actually designed for a completely different purpose. The ability to open the knife as it is withdrawn from your pocket was completely by accident.

For a little insight into Ernest Emerson and his knives, there is an excellent and candid one-on-one interview done at this years 2012 Shot Show by Nutnfancy.

There are about two or three bad words uttered in the video so you can go to YouTube and search for Nutnfancy Emerson review. Or you can PM me for the link. It's worth watching.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

OD*
    That was excellent, Bark'n, thanks for the heads-up.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Yeah top notch across the board. ... My karambit was stolen. Best defensive folder I've ever owned.... havent managed the 8 month wait for another since :( ... to earlier comments. My friend that gave me the karambit owned a tanto. It was possibly the best knife I've ever handled. (had some customizations) ... and my pocket clip was reversible. Easy to deploy by any method. had mine strong side reversed.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by medicineball View Post
    This is a very sore subject for me. My favorite knife is a benchmade with an Emerson cqc7 tanto blade. I love the liner lock and the feel of the handle. BUT... It don't carry it. The tanto blade is far less usefull than an ordinary blade (try using it on a steak), and the pocket clip is on the wrong end of the knife. Like I said, it drives me crazy because I could hold that sucker in my hand all day. Anyone know where I can get the same knife with these two faults corrected?
    - The Benchmade 970 was the original CQC-7. It's designed as a Tip Down carry, which is normal since it doesn't have the Wave. You can also buy a CQC-7A (spear point blade) and have someone tap the holes for a Tip Down carry.

As for Emersons, I have the CQC-10 and Combat Karambit and love them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Love the looks of them

Links