Defensive Carry banner

Fell again, new Benchmade Rift

6K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Nicegy525 
#1 ·
I was hoping to stop buying fine blades but this Rift came along and I bit.

See less See more
#5 ·
I 100% agree. I can't get enough of Benchmades and their Axis lock. I have two full sized Griptilians that carry and a Mini Griptilian that I carry for hard work use. I'm eying up a Barrage, just to add to my collection. It won't see hard use.

I just got a Spyderco Manix due to it's resemblance to a Griptilian. It's a fantastic quality knife with G10 handles, but Spyderco's version of the Axis Lock doesn't quite match Benchmade, in my opinion.

#4 ·
threefeathers... I have the same sickness.

I bought the Rift less than a year ago. I love it. It's a great knife. But it wasn't enough. I bought the Benchmade 915 Triage just a couple months ago. I figured I'd use it only for work. Also a great knife. But it too wasn't enough. I am looking at getting a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 before the end of the month. But I had to have something before getting the PM2 so I just ordered a TOPS Bartender Defender just because it looked cool, and everyone needs a bottle opener. I'm also thinking of getting the TOPS Baghdad Bullet.

My wife is gonna friggon kill me!!! :goodnight:

#6 ·
I'm liking the reviews on the compression lock on the Spyderco PM2.

#11 ·
threefeathers, I really like Osborne designed blades, and the Rift is a good one. Strong blade with a very strong tip!

I'm not big on tanto blades, but the reverse tanto that the Rift has is an excellent design because the cutting edge is uninterrupted for the full length of the blade.

#12 ·
The Rift is a solid cutter. I like Tanto blades for hard working fixed blades in urban environments, but I like my folders to be drop or spear points. I like my fixed blades to be drop points as well for hunting, camping, etc.

I carry a stout little fixed blade and sometimes a Benchmade 710.

#15 ·
Tops Knives Bartender Defender

#18 ·
Some really nice looking knives. I am looking for a slim knife I can discretely wear inside my waistband for social situations. It can be a 3" blade and slim are about my only real requirements. Any suggestions? Bartender defender, LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.