Fell again, new Benchmade Rift

This is a discussion on Fell again, new Benchmade Rift within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was hoping to stop buying fine blades but this Rift came along and I bit....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Fell again, new Benchmade Rift

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Fell again, new Benchmade Rift

I was hoping to stop buying fine blades but this Rift came along and I bit.

2. Remove Ads

Ohhhh....VERY nice!! Congrats! Love those Benchmades and that's a particularly handsome one!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

benchmade axis locks are the best folders imho

threefeathers... I have the same sickness.

I bought the Rift less than a year ago. I love it. It's a great knife. But it wasn't enough. I bought the Benchmade 915 Triage just a couple months ago. I figured I'd use it only for work. Also a great knife. But it too wasn't enough. I am looking at getting a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 before the end of the month. But I had to have something before getting the PM2 so I just ordered a TOPS Bartender Defender just because it looked cool, and everyone needs a bottle opener. I'm also thinking of getting the TOPS Baghdad Bullet.

My wife is gonna friggon kill me!!!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    benchmade axis locks are the best folders imho
    I 100% agree. I can't get enough of Benchmades and their Axis lock. I have two full sized Griptilians that carry and a Mini Griptilian that I carry for hard work use. I'm eying up a Barrage, just to add to my collection. It won't see hard use.

I just got a Spyderco Manix due to it's resemblance to a Griptilian. It's a fantastic quality knife with G10 handles, but Spyderco's version of the Axis Lock doesn't quite match Benchmade, in my opinion.

I'm liking the reviews on the compression lock on the Spyderco PM2.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    threefeathers... I have the same sickness.

I bought the Rift less than a year ago. I love it. It's a great knife. But it wasn't enough. I bought the Benchmade 915 Triage just a couple months ago. I figured I'd use it only for work. Also a great knife. But it too wasn't enough. I am looking at getting a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 before the end of the month. But I had to have something before getting the PM2 so I just ordered a TOPS Bartender Defender just because it looked cool, and everyone needs a bottle opener. I'm also thinking of getting the TOPS Baghdad Bullet.

My wife is gonna friggon kill me!!!
    You've definitely got an addiction. ;-)

I really want the Triage. How do you like it?
    Bark'n likes this.

The Benchmade Rift...I like it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    You've definitely got an addiction. ;-)

I really want the Triage. How do you like it?
    I really like it. I've used the safety cutter 3 times in the last two weeks. Cuts through denim jeans like butter.

I really wanted the black blades with the orange handle, but on ebay the prices were $159. I got black handles, black straight edge for $113 shipped. I had to wait a while and kept checking ebay until I found the price I wanted. I wasn't going to pay $160 just for the orange handles, although that's what I really wanted. I think the orange with black blades looks pretty cool.

I almost got the Benchmade Houdini... But then I saw a Shot Show review of the Triage and I had to have it instead. I'm glad I waited.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Barkn, it's my birthday on Tuesday and the wife is getting me the pm2. I'll post pics, pretty excited for a new spidey.
    Bark'n likes this.

threefeathers, I really like Osborne designed blades, and the Rift is a good one. Strong blade with a very strong tip!

I'm not big on tanto blades, but the reverse tanto that the Rift has is an excellent design because the cutting edge is uninterrupted for the full length of the blade.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

The Rift is a solid cutter. I like Tanto blades for hard working fixed blades in urban environments, but I like my folders to be drop or spear points. I like my fixed blades to be drop points as well for hunting, camping, etc.

I carry a stout little fixed blade and sometimes a Benchmade 710.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    It should get here tomorrow.

aznav, I've bought my padawan two Kershaws for her to carry. Does she need one of these?

Administrator
    Is there really a Bartender Defender?

Tops Knives Bartender Defender

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links