AZ Governor Signs Nation's First Knife Preemption Law! Once again AZ leads the Way

AZ Governor Signs Nation's First Knife Preemption Law! Once again AZ leads the Way

This is a discussion on AZ Governor Signs Nation's First Knife Preemption Law! Once again AZ leads the Way within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Once again AZ leads the Way April 28, 2012: Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has signed the the nation's first Knife Preemption Law, advanced by Knife ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beans

Thread: AZ Governor Signs Nation's First Knife Preemption Law! Once again AZ leads the Way

Talking AZ Governor Signs Nation's First Knife Preemption Law! Once again AZ leads the Way

Once again AZ leads the Way

April 28, 2012: Arizona Governor Jan Brewer has signed the the nation's first Knife Preemption Law, advanced by Knife Rights. The bill, SB1153, was passed by bipartisan votes of 36-19 in the Arizona House and 19-9 in the Arizona Senate. It will take effect 90 days after the legislature adjourns, expected this week, and not only prevents political subdivisions from enacting new ordinances and rules, but voids all existing restrictive knife ordinances. In combination with Arizona's recently enacted constitutional concealed carry law, knife owners in Arizona will enjoy the most accommodating knife laws in the country.

Knife Rights - AZ Governor Signs Nation's First Knife Preemption Law!

I love this state.

Was this law passed as a reaction to oppressive blade laws in some subdivision or just to make sure that some subdivision doesn't get snarky?

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Was this law passed as a reaction to oppressive blade laws in some subdivision or just to make sure that some subdivision doesn't get snarky?
    It is my understanding that it was passed as a proactive measure. Also to bring the possession/carrying of knives in line with our CCW laws.
    Auto knives were allowed here before the law was signed.

IIRC Our CCW laws allow the carrying of a concealed WEAPON, it is not limited to handguns. It excludes explosives ETC

It also makes the knife laws the same though out the state. Therefore no surprises, easy to understand and to comply with
    Go Gov Brewer
    Doghandler likes this.

I love Arizona. When I strike it rich, I want to have a winter home there. Great climate, plenty of hiking trails, and great weapons laws!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Govenor Jan?........Please come to Colorado!!!

In general I don't care much for politicians but from what I've heard Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is a keeper.

Don't you know what this means? Blood will run in the streets!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Links