Any NYC folks here? Would the Kabar TDI fixed blade fall under the no-no jurisdiction

This is a discussion on Any NYC folks here? Would the Kabar TDI fixed blade fall under the no-no jurisdiction within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up this knife years ago but never carried until now. Decided to brush up on concealed knife laws. But now I'm more confused ...

Thread: Any NYC folks here? Would the Kabar TDI fixed blade fall under the no-no jurisdiction

Any NYC folks here? Would the Kabar TDI fixed blade fall under the no-no jurisdiction

I picked up this knife years ago but never carried until now.

Decided to brush up on concealed knife laws. But now I'm more confused than ever.

Am I sh*t out of luck?

The blade is 2-3/4" from it's point to the handle. Tang is all the way through. Has a flat square blade sheath. Only one edge is sharpened. Overall length is 5-1/2"

31eqaztbulss500.jpg
    Click to enlarge.

2. Remove Ads

I thought NYC banned everything sharper than a car key. *shrug*
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

if i remember correctly the fact its a fix blade whould make it a no-no

Quote Originally Posted by wishmastuh View Post

Am I sh*t out of luck?

31eqaztbulss500.jpg
    Click to enlarge.
    You are!.

Short answer: Almost any knife in your possesion that is not being used for a utilitarian purpose (butcher-chef-carpet installer..etc.) can and most probably get you some stainless bracelets.

SELF DEFENSE is NOT a valid reason to carry a knife. Any knife that is deemed to be a "Dangerous" knife (figure that one out)
    is illegal. Any knife that is designed to be used for self-defense is not legal...and on and on and on....

OH, BTW if you are a carpet installer and are out at the movies or to dinner with a date, having your tools of the trade with you would also be a NO-NO..

IANAL

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    You are!.

Short answer: Almost any knife in your possesion that is not being used for a utilitarian purpose (butcher-chef-carpet installer..etc.) can and most probably get you some stainless bracelets.

SELF DEFENSE is NOT a valid reason to carry a knife. Any knife that is deemed to be a "Dangerous" knife (figure that one out)
    is illegal. Any knife that is designed to be used for self-defense is not legal...and on and on and on....

OH, BTW if you are a carpet installer and are out at the movies or to dinner with a date, having your tools of the trade with you would also be a NO-NO..

IANAL

bosco
    Oh god I need to get out of this hippie liberal state.

You can't even order OC spray for delivery online, you have to visit one of the few "authorized sellers" in NYC with ID in hand. And they carry only watered down crap in girlish cans.

Nanny state... Being FROM NY is so nice... I only go to visit family... Nice to be in a state that makes it so easy to CC & OC...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Links