does anyone make a multi-tool that would be good for SD?

This is a discussion on does anyone make a multi-tool that would be good for SD? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Leatherman Skeletool as a general purpose EDC tool and while I do like the tool and I like that it is a ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By oldshirt
  • 3 Post By suntzu
  • 2 Post By Yoda
  • 1 Post By CaptSmith

Thread: does anyone make a multi-tool that would be good for SD?

does anyone make a multi-tool that would be good for SD?

I carry a Leatherman Skeletool as a general purpose EDC tool and while I do like the tool and I like that it is a one-hand opening blade, It's not the biggest nor strongest blade out there and it is a little awkward to try to open in a hurry. I wonder if anyone out there knows of any multi-tool that has a good robust blade that has a quick one-handed opening and would make reasonble SD knife (note I said "reasonable" and not excellent or perfect) as a back up to my CC pistol.

I like having a multi-tool for EDC since it is so usefull for general purposes and I'd rather not carry an additional knife for SD.

This is just my own personal philosophy but I also think if the $h!t hit the fan and you had to use it the court system and general public would view having to use a friendly looking multi-tool called "The Workbench" or "The Handyman" a lot more favorably than carrying a combat-purpose made knife called the "Disembowler 5000."

Anyone have any multi-tool recommendations?
    kmagnuss likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I actually use my skeletool as a EDC and have learned to open it quick enough. Honestly just carry a non threatening knife if you have too like a kershaw skyline or a Buck 110 (Dosnt look threatening more old fashion)

But please let me know if you do find a disembowler 5000 those things are pricey :P

(Not my knife)
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I could do a lot of damage with the pliers. Grab an assailant by the nose or genitals, and they WILL comply

This is the one I use the most and it has kept me alive in real world stuff:
    brain2.jpg

Ahh yes, the genital 5000. It slices, it dices, it tightens nuts.. But wait that's not all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spade115 and goldshellback like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Well, if I'm hitting an attacker about the head and neck area with my Gerber or Letherman multi-tool in my hand I guess that counts.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Emerson Knives is in the process of developing a multi-tool.

Sneak peek at Emerson’s new EK-1 multitool | Military Times GearScout
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I carry and use the leatherman wave...currently on my 3rd of that model, use it (read abuse it)every day, lives at 430-5 oclock
    where it gives "cover" for ISW carry..knives open one handed...great tool...find one you like, most all makers of this style, knives open one handed with ease...welcome to the forum...
    RichB70 likes this.

I carry 3 Knives most of the time

1. Leatherman ChargeTTI which I can open either blade with one hand

2. Leatherman Clip Style Knife easily opened with one hand (straight & Serrated Blade)

3. Gerber small key chain Multi tool.

i carry a gerber multi plier 600 as a contractor its great and if you have any self defense training it works very well too

Links