MI may legalize Taser carry for those with CPL

This is a discussion on MI may legalize Taser carry for those with CPL within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This has been on the table recently, however, it may come to fruition very soon. What do y'all think? Michigan Taser bills ready for Governor ...

Thread: MI may legalize Taser carry for those with CPL

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

MI may legalize Taser carry for those with CPL

This has been on the table recently, however, it may come to fruition very soon. What do y'all think?

Michigan Taser bills ready for Governor Rick Snyder's signature
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

I welcome it. It would provide something for a certain percentage of the population that will not or cannot make the step to firearms. Also, I have no idea how the law is worded, but if I could carry one into places that are off-limits for firearms, that would also be a big bonus.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    It's already legal here pretty bad choice IMHO... people who aren't trained with it...not to mention how close you have to be and that you need both prongs to hit them, and that you one get one chance...Good for trained law enforcement... bad for civilians...there are better options out there.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Theres a reason why if there are 2 LEO's one backs Taser up with a firearm,if the Taser fails the LEO employing it may not get the chance to transition to his sidearm.There were 2 Deputies in Florida that were confronting a guy wanted for domestic violence as he was in the parking lot of a gun range,the guy was Enlisted Military and was refusing to cooperate,Deputy deployed the taser and the guy dropped like a rock,Deputy 2 had handcuffs out and was ready to cuff the guy as soon as taser quit shocking,instead of being dazed,the BG had a Concealed handgun appendix carry and immediately rolled as he drew firing,striking Deputy above him in both arms resulting in both being useless,he then engaged the other Deputy and after it was over both Deputies were dead and he left only to be killed in the chase and gunfight afterwards
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very valid points and a surely limited weapon, but if it's an option where I currently cannot carry a firearm...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Links