Question about Knife sheaths

This is a discussion on Question about Knife sheaths within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw another forum post mentioning wrist holster for guns, but I have a question about Knife sheaths. You've seen (read about) them in countless ...

Thread: Question about Knife sheaths

I saw another forum post mentioning wrist holster for guns, but I have a question about Knife sheaths. You've seen (read about) them in countless fantasy novels, people carrying light throwing knives in wrist sheaths. The particular ones i'm talking about are the ones that would drop the knive into your hands with a flick of the wrist, rather than having to reach up into the sleeve with the opposite hand. Does such a thing exist? I've searched google for such wrist sheath's but i don't know what they're specifically called, and the internet is flooded with standard throwers with wrist sheaths, and i can't seem to find anything. I thought someone here might know. If anyone has a link, or information on such a thing I'd be super thankful!

Thanks!
    -Gerrerd-

So... are you talking about some sort of mechanical system that would hold a knife until activated, then release it so you can throw it? I'm not quite understanding the endgame here.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'd say make one but you need a base to start with. IMO the idea of anything on your wrist would have to be secure to the point it would make it hard to release without a spring and latching mechanism

cj
    Probably better off on Bladeforums.com. Search for spring loaded wrist sheath to get started, and there's plenty of discussion on variants from there. General consensus is the concept is extremely dangerous to the user, and fairly useless. Oh, and typically illegal, depending on your state.

Yeah spring loading is neat but highly dangerous. What I'm thinking of was something more gravity powered with some form of release to drop the knife into your hand without having to cross draw, as opposed to actually launching sharp items from the wrist. It's more of a subtle thing used by rogue type characters in fantasy times. I'll check out blade forums though, thanks for that.

cj
    I understand that you're looking more gravity fed, but that's tougher to find since 'gravity knife' has it's own different meaning. The spring loaded discussions were just to get a little closer to what you're looking for as they crop up in the discussions.

Seems like I saw some sort of Wild West (Adam West/Artemus Gordon) contraption on here a while back but wouldn't know how to find it.

Administrator
    Go to YouTube & search Assassin's Creed or Wrist spring sheath

My best guess is that it's a Build It Yourself project.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links