CRKT Carson M21...one bad ass knife

This is a discussion on CRKT Carson M21...one bad ass knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got one of these for my son from A.G. Russell Knives, which to my fortune is only a few miles down the road. I chose ...

Thread: CRKT Carson M21...one bad ass knife

Got one of these for my son from A.G. Russell Knives, which to my fortune is only a few miles down the road. I chose the larger model without serrations and the 6061 T6 aluminum handles. Sharp enough to literally shave with (my son had to try it?) the AUS-8 stainless steel blade is tough. Check out YouTube to see torture tests done on these. By turning the screw that the blade pivots on, one can adjust how much resistance is offered when opening. Accidental closing is all but impossible. The larger model is a big knife but still comfortable to carry. Love the spear point as well. Been hinting for Father's Day, but maybe with the titanium handles. Here is the link with all the specs including the AutoLAWKS™ locking device. :

A.G. Russell Knives | CRKT® Carson M21
    CL-M2104.jpg
    From the description:

"When a series like Kit Carson's aluminum handled line has been so successful, it is bound to spark calls for variations. In this case, the request was for a spear point blade similar to Kit's M18 design. As soon as they saw the first sketches, Columbia River knew they should offer it in two sizes similar to the "Little Bulldog" and "Big Dog".

The swedged and recurved blade is ground to a spear point shape, using premium AUS-8 stainless steel in non-reflective frost finish to offer superior edge retention. The grind incorporates a false top edge and deep belly, yet retains a full width central spine for most of its width for maximum strength. We offer both Razor-sharp and Combined Razor-Sharp and Triple-Point Serrated edge grinds.

Teflon® bearings at the blade pivot assure velvety smooth one hand opening and closing, using Kit Carson's trademark dual checkered thumb studs which also act as a blade stop.

The M21 feature the very popular "Carson Flipper" blade extension, which aids opening and acts as an additional blade guard.

Kit Carson's open build uses contoured handles of 6061 T6 aluminum, hard anodized charcoal gray. They are CNC machined with a perimeter radius for a comfortable grip with or without work gloves, skeletonized to reduce weight. There is a single stainless steel locking liner with friction grooves for positive locking.

Columbia River also incorporated the exclusive patented AutoLAWKS™ into the M21 models, which converts them into virtual fixed blades when opened and locked."
    Ut supra, Sic Infra...

Administrator
    Nice knife.

"I chose the larger model without serrations" ~~~> Wise choice on both counts.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sponsored Links