Michigan CPL holders can now carry Stun Guns

This is a discussion on Michigan CPL holders can now carry Stun Guns within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally, I already own a stun gun. It is chambered for .45acp. It stuns the crap out of them... LANSING, Mich., May 9 (UPI) -- ...

Thread: Michigan CPL holders can now carry Stun Guns

Michigan CPL holders can now carry Stun Guns

Personally, I already own a stun gun. It is chambered for .45acp. It stuns the crap out of them...

LANSING, Mich., May 9 (UPI) -- Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation permitting state residents to carry stun guns provided they meet certain criteria.

Effective immediately, any Michigan resident with a concealed-carry pistol license who completes training in the use of non-lethal devices can carry a stun gun, the Detroit Free Press reported Wednesday.

Like firearms, stun guns will not be allowed in "no carry zones" and it will be illegal for anyone under the influence of alcohol to have one.

Also, there is a requirement that the presence of a stun gun must be disclosed to a police officer.

A legislative analysis of the measure said it makes sense that individuals who meet licensing standards to carry a firearm for personal safety should be allowed to have a stun gun for the same purpose.

Read more: Michigan approves stun guns for citizens - UPI.com

2. Remove Ads

Good to hear. It would be great if we Michigan CPL holders could also carry auto knives. When it comes to handgun retention, I should have every reasonable tool at my disposal.

Links