Need input with choosing a defensive folding knife

This is a discussion on Need input with choosing a defensive folding knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own Emerson's benchmades and spydercos, some how a Delica 4 is in my pocket today, I highly recommend them, Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need input with choosing a defensive folding knife

I own Emerson's benchmades and spydercos, some how a Delica 4 is in my pocket today, I highly recommend them,

Look Sharp, Act Sharp, Be Sharp.

2. Remove Ads

Wherever I go, one of my 3 SOG knives go with me. One in pocket, desk drawer and car. As a previous post suggested, go to their web-site and you are SURE to find a SOG to your liking. And I almost forgot-- got a SOG Bowie on the shelf in my nightstand!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    The Kershaw Rake looks almost exactly like what I'm looking for. G10 scaled handle, large flat blade, pocket clip, thumb studs for easy open, and supposedly a strong blade lock.

Unless anyone can provide some negative feedback about the Rake, it looks like it will be the self-defense knife for me.
    Nothing negative to say about the Rake. The textured G-10 scales have a nice grip and the flipper with assisted opening is great for quick deployment.

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Administrator
    The COLD STEEL AK47 is a super tough knife. Right in your price range or LESS...even. Great no slip grip with a bonus Emerson Wave type feature for rapid deployment.

That Rake looks like a good knife, might pick one up as a present for my buddy's graduation present since he lost his SOG

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    If it's for defensive purposes you don't need anything expensive. You can get a good defensive knife for about $15-20 at walmart or fleetfarm... keep in mind having to actually use it in defense is a lot harder than pulling a trigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links