Are Frost Cutlery knives Junk? - Page 2

Are Frost Cutlery knives Junk?

This is a discussion on Are Frost Cutlery knives Junk? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you want a decent "fantasy" knife, you should check out some of Gil Hibben's designs. Check his homepage or run a search....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Frost Cutlery knives Junk?

If you want a decent "fantasy" knife, you should check out some of Gil Hibben's designs. Check his homepage or run a search.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Hehe. Or Szabo Knives: http://www.szaboinc.com/index1.html

FC

Thanks for all the feedback guys, guess I'll stick with my current "night-time" setup
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kenpotex View Post
    If you want a decent "fantasy" knife, you should check out some of Gil Hibben's designs. Check his homepage or run a search.
    Thanks, I own a couple of his throwing knives (including the one I posted), I'll take a second look at some of his stuff.

Senior Moderator
    Well not that it has anything to do with the subject, but the Frost Cutlery corporate headquarters and warehouse is about four miles from my house.

A friend used to give me a Frost knife for Christmas every year. The ones I got were razor sharp and I thought well made. The ridge locks were tight and worked great.

I carry an Emerson Commander, mini-Commander, Strider-Buck-Tarani Police Utility Knife, one of several models of Benchmade, or a Spyderco Native. I like 'em all, but, I've notice that when I press down on the Native to cut through nylon ropes and cords, I can feel the blade moving, like the lock doesn't hold securely. Ahhh - I should have posted that in the knife forum - maybe I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    , I've notice that when I press down on the Native to cut through nylon ropes and cords, I can feel the blade moving, like the lock doesn't hold securely. Ahhh - I should have posted that in the knife forum - maybe I'll do that.
    Most spine-locks, I've found, do not have a tightly squared "lock-block" that drops into a tightly squared lock-notch in the blade. There is a slight amount of slop, that allows the lock to function with basic care(grunge space). What that means is that between the pivot pin specs, lock-notch, and lock-block, it may add up to almost .010 of "slop"- which gives you that play, with strong downward pressure. The same thing will happen with a liner-lock, you just won't notice, until you go to close it, and the liner is really wedged in place!

Senior Moderator
    Thanks, that makes sense.

I haven't noticed that on other knives and I did the same cut with my Commander and it didn't do that, well that I noticed anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links