Favorite Knife Under $100 - Page 2

Favorite Knife Under $100

This is a discussion on Favorite Knife Under $100 within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My toy, Harbor Freight for $6.99. So I bought three. Has compass,fishing gear,matches etc. Sharpens up very well....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Favorite Knife Under $100

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    My toy, Harbor Freight for $6.99. So I bought three. Has compass,fishing gear,matches etc. Sharpens up very well.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    All my knives are under $100 lol... most are Kerhsaw, couple CRKT's. They all work very well and hold an edge great. Main carry knife is the Kershaw Oso Sweet.

My EDC (and favorite) folding knife is a CRKT M16-12Z. Has a 3-inch combination tanto blade, has the "autolawks" safety which works well and is still fast to close. It's done pretty well by me, and I recommend it. Only problem has been the screws on the clip backing out, so I put some blue Loctite on them, and no problem since.

CRKT M16 Z Series Knives | EDC Knives | Kit Carson Knives
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Blade Play/BladeHQ is actually my local knife shop.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by surefire7 View Post
    Benchmade-MiniGrip or regular sized, also the mini-Barrage (but its assisted opening). Great knives!
    We don't like assisted?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I really like the Benchmade Griptillian and Spyderco Delica 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Blade Play/BladeHQ is actually my local knife shop.
    Well lucky you!

I actually just ordered this knife from them; I've been looking for a cheap-ish auto for some time and landed on the 74.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

The CRKT Fire Spark will be my next blade purchase. It's has a 3.876" 8Cr14MoV blade, G10 grip inlays, Outburst assisted opening and the intuitive Fire Safe safety that doesn't add a step to the blade opening like other assisted opening blades. It looks amazing to boot!

http://www.crkt.com/Fire-Spark-Black...search_id=8746

Spyderco Native, going on five years and still holds a great edge.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

S&W Black Ops spring assist. I've put this knife through hell and it's still in my pocket every day waiting for more
    SWBLOP2G.jpg

I have about 3...

Benchmade LFK (80-90, dollars)
    Ka Bar Mule G10 (25, not made in USA, but a good knife for the price)
    Buck 119 (30-40, Fixed blade not sure if mines is the 6 inch version but a great knife)
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    All my knives are under $100 lol... most are Kerhsaw, couple CRKT's. They all work very well and hold an edge great. Main carry knife is the Kershaw Oso Sweet.
    Another vote for Kershaw. I have my chive on me 24/7 and a leek for when I'm wearing something with bigger pockets. The chive is actually my second since I lost my first, but I love both of them. The chive's a little feminine, maybe... I think they're both cute But they sharpen nicely and have held up through a lot (years of barn work, camping, daily wear and tear, etc.). Even their solid metal knives are mostly under $100 I believe, but you can find some with the plastic handles for much less.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    OK - I'll play.

For $50.00 and Shipping I really like this Schrade Extreme Survival Knife.
    NEW Schrade Knives Extreme Survival Knife SCHF1SM | eBay

Now...before you laugh I'll tell you why I like it. Firstly it's China made. But, that is not why I like it.
    At knifetests.com (no longer up on the Internet) it actually destructive tested better than the Reeve which is/was a +$300.00 knife.
    It has a tool set inside the waterproof handle which is actually (believe it or not) high quality.
    BUT, I popped that out anyway and put a ferro rod and some other small, necessary goodies in there.
    The handle interior really is waterproof and the knife itself is one piece and surprisingly good steel of good hardness.
    It WILL edge chip a bit depending on how you abuse it but, it takes and holds a good edge.
    The EXTREME SURVIVAL printing on the blade is EXTREMELY DUMB and HOAKEY but, you can get rid of that.
    The knife can actually take a fairly good beating. I beat one up pretty good and did some serious batoning through a pile of Oak hardwood with it.
    The supplied sheath (of course) sucks big time as do most factory supplied sheaths these days.
    The PLUS side of the sheath though is that it's giving some Chinese female a job at a sewing machine who would probably otherwise be very starved and malnourished.
    That is the best thing that I can say about the sheath.

This is not a knife that I personally would carry or trust as a main survival knife. You folks know that I am a BUSSE Combat Knife Company individual.

But, this is a knife that you can stuff into the vehicle someplace/ somewhere and forget about until such time as you might need it.
    Nobodyís laughing here, QK, I love the knife. I thought I'd try one from the reviews I'd seen on YouTube, I would only be out $50, I'm dang glad I did! I'm not a knife neophyte, these knives are great for the money spent. I have to agree about the blade markings, don't care for them, certainly agree with you about the sheaths, but I've never care for nylon sheaths anyway. I like the little knife well enough Iím going to have Savage make me one of his Randall ďType AĒ sheaths for it. Savage/Custom Randall Knife Sheaths

QKShooter likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

free ones... nothing like free

Distinguished Member
    I carry a Benchmade Mini Griptilian, which I picked up for about $70.

I like the full-size Grippy a bit better, but I regularly spend time in a town or two with 3" maximums for blade length, and the mini sits at 2.91".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links