Kydex holster for oc spray

This is a discussion on Kydex holster for oc spray within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there anyone here that could make a kydex holster for a .75 oz pepper spray cannister? I used the pocket clip and it fell ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kydex holster for oc spray

Is there anyone here that could make a kydex holster for a .75 oz pepper spray cannister? I used the pocket clip and it fell out. Don't trust them. Plus, I think I'd like it better on my belt.
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Kydex is very easy to work with. Buy some and experiment with it and you could make all sorts of stuff on your own for very little money. You can get 2 4x8 sheets for free from Springfield leather company btw.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoghunter84 View Post
    Kydex is very easy to work with. Buy some and experiment with it and you could make all sorts of stuff on your own for very little money. You can get 2 4x8 sheets for free from Springfield leather company btw.
    You still need to pay $6 for shipping on the 2 free sheets.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

But it's still 2 free sheets.
    Burns likes this.

I would like to buy one that's professionally made, not weld together some jerry-rigged POS.
    Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    I would like to buy one that's professionally made, not weld together some jerry-rigged POS.
    I guess you're not very good at making this sort of thing lol. It will probably be easier to just buy one of amazon for $8, I wouldn't rely on someone else making you one when they don't have the exact measurements of your can.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I looked on Amazon, I didn't see any for the .75 oz can. Did you?
    Ron Paul 2012

I looked on Amazon, I didn't see any for the .75 oz can. Did you?
    Amazon.com: Fury OC .75 oz-Black Holster-ClamPack 18%: Sports & Outdoors

^ It is the spray with holster for $12 (price includes shipping). It should be the same size as your spray so if your spray is better than this one it could work.

http://www.amazon.com/Mean-Green-Def...8172217&sr=1-2

^ This is FOX labs new "mean green" spray, it is extremely hot and is the best you can buy. $31 with free shipping, comes with holster.

http://www.amazon.com/Sabre-Pepper-F...8172304&sr=1-1

^ This is Sabre red pepper gel MK-3, I just bought one a few hours ago from a local store, it is also very good. 1.8 oz. They also sell these in the spray instead of gel. Comes with a pretty good holster. $16.71+shipping, or could add a $9 item to the order and get shipping for free.

Unfortunately sometimes it is cheaper to get new spray than it is to just get a holster. These last 2 sprays are amazing tho. Or you can wait and see if someone will make you one :D

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Amazon.com: Fury OC .75 oz-Black Holster-ClamPack 18%: Sports & Outdoors

^ It is the spray with holster for $12 (price includes shipping). It should be the same size as your spray so if your spray is better than this one it could work.
    That holster goes on a keychain not on the belt.

Amazon.com: Fox Labs Mean Green Defense Spray- Flip Top Cone Fog (3.0 Oz) with FREE Holster: Sports & Outdoors

^ This is FOX labs new "mean green" spray, it is extremely hot and is the best you can buy.

Amazon.com: Sabre Red Pepper Gel Spray with A Flip Top Firing Mechanism (1.8-Ounce): Sports & Outdoors

^ This is Sabre red pepper gel MK-3, I just bought one a few hours ago from a local store, it is also very good.
    Those are too big to conceal (I tried.)
    Ron Paul 2012

That holster goes on a keychain not on the belt.

Those are too big to conceal (I tried.)
    Oh, I didn't realize you wanted something to conceal, you know sprays don't have to be hidden right?

Oh, I didn't realize you wanted something to conceal, you know sprays don't have to be hidden right?
    Yeah, but I don't want to advertise. I accidentally ordered a 4 oz and 2 oz oc can and holsters, not realizing how big they were. I decided to keep them for if I get a armed security gig. The 2 oz may work in a cargo pants pocket.
    Ron Paul 2012

Yeah, but I don't want to advertise. I accidentally ordered a 4 oz and 2 oz oc can and holsters, not realizing how big they were. I decided to keep them for if I get a armed security gig. The 2 oz may work in a cargo pants pocket.
    Gotchya.

I haven't found a single belt holster on amazon or ebay for a 3/4 oz. The only way would be to make one. You could sew some thick fabric together to make one, shouldn't be very difficult. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Gotchya.

I haven't found a single belt holster on amazon or ebay for a 3/4 oz. The only way would be to make one. You could sew some thick fabric together to make one, shouldn't be very difficult. Good luck on whatever you decide.
    Yeah, I wanted one made of kydex so it would "click" in and provide some level of retention. Any custom holster makers want to do one for me? I could send you my canister.
    Ron Paul 2012

Yeah, I wanted one made of kydex so it would "click" in and provide some level of retention. Any custom holster makers want to do one for me? I could send you my canister.
    I do mostly leather stuff, but I mess with kydex a little. That being said, I don,t think I would want to mess with 350 degree kydex on a can of O.C. What kind of spray is it? there might be a dummy for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmorgan View Post
    I do mostly leather stuff, but I mess with kydex a little. That being said, I don,t think I would want to mess with 350 degree kydex on a can of O.C. What kind of spray is it? there might be a dummy for it.
    It's sabre red: Pocket Pepper Spray Unit 0.75 oz with Clip
    Ron Paul 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links