Defensive Carry banner

Kershaw Leek Titanium w/ ZDP-189

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  elrey718 
#1 ·
I was nicely surprised to see Kershaw is offering the Leek with a ZDP189 blade. For anyone who hasn't tried out this steel, do yourself a favor. I have a Spyderco Calypso Jr. with ZDP189 that for lack of a better description (in my best Dr. Evil voice) cuts like a fricken laser!!

http://www.knivesplus.com/kershawknifeleekzdp-ke-1660tizdp.html

#2 ·
I Have a Leek...

in my pocket right now...looks just like the pic. I believe I paid around $70-80 for it though...
Is the $130 for the better blade? Is it worth that much more?:confused:

Is it worth it?...I sound like my wife...of course it is dear!

ret:urla9ub:

#5 ·
Look's like a cool knife! The only thing I question is the "grip" of the handle. I have retired one that I have at least for defense purposes because if your hand is bloody/wet i feel it definatly could find it's way to the blade in a stress situation do to there is no "grip" to it, it's smooth. How does the handle "grip" on this one?

Ti.

#6 ·
Mine is very similar to your link except it is not titanium and I have a serrated edge on the back half of the blade. I personally am not too concerned about it's grip. It is not a slick finish but feels like it has been sand blasted a bit. Also, the belt clip on the back adds a little more grip. The knife is small enough that your whole hand just swallows the grip. It has been a great all purpose knife for me. The only problem I have had was my fault...I tried to use it as a screw driver and broke the point off. :-(

#7 ·
The only problem I have had was my fault...I tried to use it as a screw driver and broke the point off. :-(
I did the same thing and called Kershaw. The told me to take it to one of their dealers and the can ship it off for me. Found a dealer and they shipped it of a week or two later had a brand new blade. I am getting ready to do it it again. Give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.