Delica/Endura Mods

This is a discussion on Delica/Endura Mods within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have waved versions of Spyderco’s Delica and Endura knives. I was attracted to their quick deployment and am completely satisfied with that aspect of ...

Thread: Delica/Endura Mods

Delica/Endura Mods

I have waved versions of Spyderco’s Delica and Endura knives. I was attracted to their quick deployment and am completely satisfied with that aspect of both. Unfortunately I am dissatisfied with two other features:
    1. The half inch that sticks out when I clip it to my front pocket
    2. The use of silver screws on a black handle
    I believe I can fix both issues but when I think like that I usually spend more time and money than necessary so I thought it best to try and learn from other forum members’ experiences/insights. In my mind the knife is more noticeable than I would like:
    Knife Ride.jpg
    I was thinking a low rise clip would resolve most of my issue:
    ti-clip-lrs.jpg
    But if I'm going to pay $12.00 shipping for a $7.42 part I might as well get the screws too and be done with it. Here is the source I found for parts:

Ti Pocket Clip Formed & Tumbled .040" Low Rider STEALTH

So, has anyone ever used these guys before? Is there a better source for knife parts? Does anyone have the screw sizes for a Spyderco Delica/Endura clip and handle? Should I just go worry about something that is actually important?

2. Remove Ads

Out of curiosity, what bothers you about that little bit sticking out? A low rise clip will certainly fix your concern, but it will also make it a little harder to get out, if that matter to you.

I can't remember which I knife I had with that low ride pocket clip, but it sat very low. It wasn't as easy to get out of my pocket though. At the same time, i can't ever remember needing my knife bad enough where a half second made a difference.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I'm thinking about putting a loop inside my pocket to clip my knife to - completely hidden, including the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Out of curiosity, what bothers you about that little bit sticking out? A low rise clip will certainly fix your concern, but it will also make it a little harder to get out, if that matter to you.

I can't remember which I knife I had with that low ride pocket clip, but it sat very low. It wasn't as easy to get out of my pocket though. At the same time, i can't ever remember needing my knife bad enough where a half second made a difference.
    The bright silver screw heads against the black handle was my intial beef. I really fail to appreciate the aesthetics. Then I started poking around looking for black screws and discovered the low rise clip. Since work sees fit to deprive of my 2a right I do carry the delica while inside. I thought the low rise clip would make it less obtrusive and and allow me to clip it to my pocket rather than plunk it in the bottom. I wondered if it might be harder to deploy with the low ride clip but thought I could always change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post

Most SOG's ride REALLY low. I carry a endura and the 1/4 inch that stick out of my pocket doesn't bother me in the least bit. That being said, I have my shirt un-tucked 99 percent of the time.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

USA Knifemaker is a legitimate dealer. They have great prices and service. I actually have that low rider clip and use it on a Benchmade Kulgera. It disappears in my pocket and looks like a pen clip. That being said, I don't think it works well at all with a Waved knife. I tried it on my Emerson Traveler and I couldn't get the Wave to work reliably. If you're looking to make the knife discrete, it works well. If you want to deploy the knife as fast as possible, it doesn't work as well.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Links