New favorite EDC knife

This is a discussion on New favorite EDC knife within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife decided to take me to Scheels and let me pick out a new knife :D After spending almost an hour looking around I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sgb

Thread: New favorite EDC knife

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

New favorite EDC knife

My wife decided to take me to Scheels and let me pick out a new knife :D

After spending almost an hour looking around I couldn't take my eyes off the S&W M&P MAGIC gen 2. 30-40% serration, assisted opening w/ safety, glass breaker, very impressive quality for the price. Of all the knives I've owned, I would say this is one of the best for the price ($50-55)

mpknife2.jpg
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Congrats, I just upgraded to an Emerson CQC 11 myself.

Burns likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

perfect match for the M&P

Good looking knives you all, Ive never been a big fan of the S&W knives but that one does look real well any review you can give on it so far?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Good looking knives you all, Ive never been a big fan of the S&W knives but that one does look real well any review you can give on it so far?
    It's been flawless so far, extremely good quality. You can get a very good grip on it, there are only 2 plastic pieces on it, which are the safety and the lever that opens it, but both seem to be high grade and I don't suspect will ever break. Also comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

I've opened and closed it hundreds of times making sure everything works perfectly and haven't had any problems.

They also have multiple sizes and models of this knife.

The only thing I could see anyone having an issue with is the weight but I prefer the heavier weight, especially if you ever need to use the glass breaker it will come in handy.

Would definitely recommend it.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    My wife decided to take me to Scheels and let me pick out a new knife :D

After spending almost an hour looking around I couldn't take my eyes off the S&W M&P MAGIC gen 2. 30-40% serration, assisted opening w/ safety, glass breaker, very impressive quality for the price. Of all the knives I've owned, I would say this is one of the best for the price ($50-55)...

Looks nice. How long is the blade? In my corrupt little state, blade length is regulated to 3" max. They regulate everything in Rhode Island, mostly to impress themselves, I guess, because all these regulations accomplish nothing that I can see. But I digress - the blade length????

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Looks nice. How long is the blade? In my corrupt little state, blade length is regulated to 3" max. They regulate everything in Rhode Island, mostly to impress themselves, I guess, because all these regulations accomplish nothing that I can see. But I digress - the blade length????

-
    The one I have is 3 and 1/2. But this is the bigger model, they have the exact same model in a smaller size which I'm sure is 2 1/2-3 in.

Nice, great looking knife. I wanted a new knife. I was hoping for an auto but I think the Gov vetoed the bill it was attached to. I guess I'll get a Boker Vox Bob, Cousin of the Boker Pry Mate. Small but lots of heft. I don't need another knife but I just can't help myself.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Looks like a great knife. Never been a fan of many "assisted open" knives, found the ones I used frequently, would have trouble opening with all the use I put it through, I prefer just thumb assist for opening. But S&W makes great products, I'm sure its better than any other assisted open I've owned.

Links