What I'm carrying in Afghanistan.

This is a discussion on What I'm carrying in Afghanistan. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Leatherman - Everybody should have one and (for sure) one in the Bug Out Bag. Dang! I love knives. I bought the BUSSE Argonne Assault ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What I'm carrying in Afghanistan.

Administrator
    Leatherman - Everybody should have one and (for sure) one in the Bug Out Bag.

Dang! I love knives.

I bought the BUSSE Argonne Assault LB and the Team Gemini.
    The Argonne Assault is a knuckle knife so I couldn't carry that in PA. but, I can collect it.

So...what is the latest knife that I have my eye on?

The Dustar ARAD. That would be the Du**Star an amazingly TOUGH D2 Tool Steel Israeli Made MIL Combat/Utility knife.

I'm going to order one tomorrow.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Dang! I love knives.

The Argonne Assault is a knuckle knife so I couldn't carry that in PA. but, I can collect it.

The Dustar ARAD. That would be the Du**Star an amazingly TOUGH D2 Tool Steel Israeli Made MIL Combat/Utility knife.

Dang you qk! !! Now I have to start saving for a knife. I thought my buying days had subsided for a while.,......not now

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Dang! I love knives.

Beautiful knife. Its ridicules, I love knives so much, I spend to much money every year buying new knives lol, and I think another contender just got added to the list.
    QKShooter likes this.

No Striders…!? Where's that "shakes head" emoticon when you need it...

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    No Striders…!? Where's that "shakes head" emoticon when you need it...

Jon
    How much are these? Gotta link?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    If that is an SMF in the middle then its $400-$500
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    If that is an SMF in the middle then its $400-$500
    $550 for the CC I have, but if you're Mil or LE you get a considerable discount and you can always find decent deals on used ones. The warranty covers you for just about anything for a lifetime. Broken blades, scales, etc.
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; June 28th, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: wording

My latest blade purchases were a ESEE Izula II and a Colt Steel Rifleman's Hawk.

I am going to try to combo out for some backpacking. I figure any heavy chopping will fall to the hawk. Any fine work will go to the Izula II. Either one could be used for defense in a pinch.

I have been impressed with the ESEE since I bought it though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

mkh
    Great looking knives. My EDC is a Kershaw Tanto Blur but I am looking for a belt knife.

It always amazed me, how many different ,strange Knifes soldiers could come up with. Every time I tough I had seen it all they founds more.
    Most of them are not that useful it is just fun to one up each other on the coolest knife show down.
    Johnson brothers twins that came up with a different knife every month or so they bough a lot of knifes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    It always amazed me, how many different ,strange Knifes soldiers could come up with. Every time I tough I had seen it all they founds more.
    Most of them are not that useful it is just fun to one up each other on the coolest knife show down.
    Johnson brothers twins that came up with a different knife every month or so they bough a lot of knifes.
    Yah, there's plenty of truth in that statement haha.

Since there is no standard issue anymore, atleast not in the units I've been with, it falls on us to get our own. So, there is a wide variety of blades out there.
    Last edited by Dustover; June 30th, 2012 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    The link for the Monkey Edge site has a video that shows them breaking cinder blocks with that knife! He was cutting through a stinking metal wall with it. I've never seen anything like it. So long as you had something to hammer it with, you could literally cut your way through a wooden door with that knife - if you had to, etc. That's crazy.

Administrator
    The NOSS Knife tests Videos are back!

The NOSS Destructive test Vids are what originally "SOLD" me on Busse Combat Knives.

Now I'm personally hooked. My little Mundane Chores camp knife is a Busse. My survival knife is now a Busse. My Bug Out Bag knife is a Busse. My "Beat The Crap Out Of It Around The House" knife is now a Busse & a few Safe Queen knives are Busse also.

It looks like NOSS combined his Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 into single longer videos. Possibly that is why they were gone for a while.

I honestly don't know of any other knives that can take this ultra-extreme amount of intentional abuse.

Though there are other fantastic knives "out there" for sure & I would never intentionally put any good knife through even a fraction of this unless my life depended on it.

These are LONG Vids now but, you can fast forward a bit.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Dustover View Post
    Never seen one before, looks nice though! I'll have to look into it. Based on your comment, Im guessing they sell out quick?
    That is a beautiful piece of steel
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links