Gerber Guardian in Iowa

This is a discussion on Gerber Guardian in Iowa within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been searching the forum for the link for the iowa knife law. Would it be legal to conceal carry the guardian w/o a conceal ...

Thread: Gerber Guardian in Iowa

Gerber Guardian in Iowa

I've been searching the forum for the link for the iowa knife law. Would it be legal to conceal carry the guardian w/o a conceal carry permit?

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Needs a permit to carry weapons, would be considered a dagger:
    702.7 Dangerous weapon.
    A "dangerous weapon" is any instrument or device designed primarily for use in inflicting death or injury upon a human being or animal, and which is capable of inflicting death upon a human being when used in the manner for which it was designed, except a bow and arrow when possessed and used for hunting or any other lawful purpose. Additionally, any instrument or device of any sort whatsoever which is actually used in such a manner as to indicate that the defendant intends to inflict death or serious injury upon the other, and which, when so used, is capable of inflicting death upon a human being, is a dangerous weapon. Dangerous weapons include but are not limited to any offensive weapon, pistol, revolver, or other firearm, dagger, razor, stiletto, switchblade knife, knife having a blade exceeding five inches in length, or any portable device or weapon directing an electric current, impulse, wave, or beam that produces a high-voltage pulse designed to immobilize a person.
    [S13, 4775-1a; C24, 27, 31, 12936; C35, 12935-g1, 12936; C39, 12935.1, 12936; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 695.1, 695.2; C79, 81, 702.7]
    88 Acts, ch 1164, 1; 2008 Acts, ch 1151, 1

P95
    I looked at some Gerber blades at wally world today....not a bad price.

With a permit it's fine.

so I guess I won't be using that one, I think I'll get the guardian only with a tanto blade instead

Links