Leather sheaths

This is a discussion on Leather sheaths within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for some help. I recently bought a Boker Prymate. This thing is impressive. So impressed I ordered a Vox Bob. Both are 7mm thick. ...

Thread: Leather sheaths

Leather sheaths

Looking for some help. I recently bought a Boker Prymate. This thing is impressive. So impressed I ordered a Vox Bob. Both are 7mm thick. They both have a kydex sheaths. Is anyone aware of folks or companies that can make leather sheaths for my new toys?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Being a knife guy as well, and familiar with the Boker, I thought I would reply. Boker may offer a leather sheath that would work if you contacted them, if not this may be one of those situations where you have to find a leather worker to custom make one. The only other option I know of is to check http://http://www.tandyleatherfactor...s-Sheaths.aspx . They may have something that would work. Sorry I couldn't offer you more info.

I have about 7 or 8 sheaths from Chris - He does great work.
    Been in business since 1970 - I first purchased from him in 1990
    His website has examples.

Treestump Leather
    Chris Kravitt
    443 Cave Hill Road
    Waltham, Maine 04605
    tel. (207) 584-3000
    email: sheathmkr@aol.com

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I was wanting leather sheaths for my knives also. Got to checking sources and prices. Decided to make my own. You can find some great tutorials on line. It's surprising what you can do with a little time and a small investment. If your interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you links to the ones I used.
    Here are a couple of sheaths I've made.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    I was wanting leather sheaths for my knives also. Got to checking sources and prices. Decided to make my own. You can find some great tutorials on line. It's surprising what you can do with a little time and a small investment. If your interested shoot me a PM and I'll send you links to the ones I used.
    Here are a couple of sheaths I've made.

Nice looking work fotomaker57

a478dbc5.jpg
    a2527626.jpg

Paul Long
    108 briarwood Ln. W
    Kerrville. TX 78028
    830 367 5536 pfl@cebridge.net
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Thanks. Just learning as I go. Very addictive hobby
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Links