Looking for the best Tuckable holster...

This is a discussion on Looking for the best Tuckable holster... within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This will be my first "tuckable holster" for my Glock-23 and I am looking for some suggestions from actual users. I really prefer as much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for the best Tuckable holster...

Cool Looking for the best Tuckable holster...

This will be my first "tuckable holster" for my Glock-23 and I am looking for some suggestions from actual users.

I really prefer as much leather be used in the holsters makeup as possible. Kydex is not my friend. I know there may be kydex but I hope there are only a few who incorporat it and some that may incorporat "no kydex".

The holster would be carried in the 2:00 appendix area. Quality, comfort and concealment are of the utmos importance

I am of a medium build, 6' with a 36 in waist and usually do not have fitting problems with a quaity made holster and gunbelt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thats in advance.

Regards,

OS

MODS PLEASE MOVE TOPIC TO HOLSTER FORM.

My Bad....Old School
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

If I may ask, why are you set on the 2:00 position? I also carry a Glock 23, and I carry in a kydex/leather hybrid IWB in the 3:30, just behind my hip. This is perfect in many regards, as it naturally is a little more distant to people that I may be talking to or interacting with, its a natural position for me to draw from, as I am a LEO. It facilitates a very rapid draw, as well. It's also a little more low-profile from the front, which makes concealing the Glock a little easier. AS you know, all Glock models are pretty chubby, and we need every advantage out there to help conceal it. I'm not in any way trying to tell you what to do or how to carry, but you may want to take a moment and evaluate your carry position and method and make absolutely certain that your set-up is right and the most efficient for you.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

By the way, check out oldfaithfulholsters.com. I think you'll like what you see.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

VIP Member
    If you find one that works, Old School, please let me know.

I've tried every style that I know of, and have pretty much given up.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Check out N82.com. I have one for my XDm 9mm compact. The day after I got it I drove 800 miles with it tucked in my waist band

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

checkout cobra gunskin good quality leather holsters at very reasonable prices

Cobra Gunskin Classics

An ACE case holsters from cheaper-then-dirt is only 10.00 and are tuckable and surprisingly well made

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I actually use the CBST everyday. It has some kydex.... but having it at 2:00 I would guess is not an option. For the 3:30 to 6:00 positions it is an awesome tuckable holster with great support.

I am 5'11" 165lbs

Please let me know if you find one that fits your needs.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Take a look at Remora Holsters , have one for my xd 9 mm sub comp.. I wouldnt believe it until I bought one. It also fits in my vehicle safe when I cant carry.

Cool

Gonna go in this direction here.

Alter Ego

Matches the Public Secret that I carry the vast majority of the time and it is all cowhide.

photo.jpg Public Secret
    click image to enlarge....

I have carried AIWB for many years now and find it concealable, easy to protect and quick to deploy.

OS

MODS:

My bad. Please move post to Defensive Carry Holsters and Carry Options Thread
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Gonna go in this direction here.

Alter Ego

Matches the Public Secret that I carry the vast majority of the time and it is all cowhide.

photo.jpg Public Secret

I have carried AIWB for many years now and find it concealable, easy to protect and quick to deploy.

OS

MODS:

My bad. Please move post to Defensive Carry Holsters and Carry Options Thread
    Very nice! Good choice.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

i have tried several different named brands and have not found one that worked well. they all worked so - so. they all work well as a plane inside the pants holster only.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I have an alien gear holster on order. Great price for a tuckable high quality iwb. Doesnt seem like 2:00 would be a good choice and does have kydex. I will let you know what I think when I get it.

Cool

I went with the Alter Ego and love it.

Image 6.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 5.jpg

Regards,

FlaRon aka Old School
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by XDshooter View Post
    If I may ask, why are you set on the 2:00 position? I also carry a Glock 23, and I carry in a kydex/leather hybrid IWB in the 3:30, just behind my hip. This is perfect in many regards, as it naturally is a little more distant to people that I may be talking to or interacting with, its a natural position for me to draw from, as I am a LEO. It facilitates a very rapid draw, as well. It's also a little more low-profile from the front, which makes concealing the Glock a little easier. AS you know, all Glock models are pretty chubby, and we need every advantage out there to help conceal it. I'm not in any way trying to tell you what to do or how to carry, but you may want to take a moment and evaluate your carry position and method and make absolutely certain that your set-up is right and the most efficient for you.
    For me 2:00 works for concealibility, accessibility and defensibility.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    click image to enlarge.....

When on the job and in uniform my Glock 21SF was carried in a Level III Safariland duty holster in the 3:00 position.

Regards,

FlaRon aka Old School
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links