folder that opens by sheath?

This is a discussion on folder that opens by sheath? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone knew of a folder that opens when it is pulled from it's holster? I thought i saw one recently but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering if anyone knew of a folder that opens when it is pulled from it's holster? I thought i saw one recently but can't remember...
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them"--Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I have one made of kydex for a Emerson commander with the wave feature on it.

see it at:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...t=11904&page=4
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

yes! that is what I am looking for . where did you get it??? Does any one make a complete setup?
    "One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them"--Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    It was a gift, I think it came from Emerson Knives.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

thanks for the info. I don't have an Emerson and couldn't afford one right now. I will have to save up

Merlin I by CRKT. the folder blade is griped by the holster and the handle sit on a bump on the holster. when you draw the folder the holster rotates to lock the blade while drawing. I tried this one out at the local hunting store. They have a practice(not sharp) folder to demonstrate. It is faster then a switch blade when you are used to it. Note this is not for extended carry keep the folder in your pocket until you have an emergency situation.

http://www.crkt.com/merlinpro.html
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

The Merlin is fast, but all kinds of bad just waiting to happen, at least IMHO. Spyderco has their Gen IV Enduras and Delicas out, with the Emerson wave, for around $50. Just as fast, far less conspicuous, and far more secure. New Graham Knives was the last place I heard about them being in stock.

+1 on the waved spydercos. I'm not crazy about the Merlin
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Another happy owner of a waved Endura. I really like it, and you can be pretty fast with some practice. I wish spyderco would wave some other models too. A waved Civilian would be really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    Another happy owner of a waved Endura. I really like it, and you can be pretty fast with some practice. I wish spyderco would wave some other models too. A waved Civilian would be really cool
    Sal has been dropping hints, on TPI..........

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I should see Sal next saturday so I'll ask him or whatever rep he sends. Will let ya know. I like my Emmerson CQC-7 but its not a wave and I'm not going to buy another right now. My Spyderco/Emmerson Endura is one of the first runs (when they were a limited run) and I love it. I'll still carry my Emmerson.

Steve
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    I'm still eagerly awaiting the Pickle/Pikal (not that I really NEED any more knives )
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I just was looking at the Spyderco forums a bit ago and saw something that may interest you fordfreak. It is a kydex sheath made for the waved Delica and Endura knives. It looks pretty slick. Here is a link to what I saw.
    http://66.113.178.251/forums/showthread.php?t=24034
    Hope this helps.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I just was looking at the Spyderco forums a bit ago and saw something that may interest you fordfreak. It is a kydex sheath made for the waved Delica and Endura knives. It looks pretty slick. Here is a link to what I saw.
    http://66.113.178.251/forums/showthread.php?t=24034
    Hope this helps.

Ron
    That I actually like, it appears to be a much more functional design than the Merlin

Matt K.

yep, that is exactly what I was looking for! I am definately going to check into that. I love spyderco's also. I've been using them for 12+ years. The waved delica has been on my mind for awhile now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links