Need help finding a quality EDC knife.

This is a discussion on Need help finding a quality EDC knife. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Stevew I like the Benchmade Griptilian and SpyderCo Endura. Both have a large hole in the blade for opening rather than a ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need help finding a quality EDC knife.

HKR
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I like the Benchmade Griptilian and SpyderCo Endura. Both have a large hole in the blade for opening rather than a stud so will be fine for lefties. Both have movable clips to accomidate lefties.
    These two are both great for use with either hand. Make sure the Griptilian has the Spyderhole. I also like the Delica if you want something with a sub 3" blade. Benchmade offers a mini-Griptilian, but the grip is a bit short for my liking.

The Endura/Delica is offered in Waved, Sabre ground or Full flat ground blade. I'm not as familiar with the Griptilian options that are available, but I know there are many.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    SOG Black Tini Trident serrated. Easy to carry, fast, sharp and cool looking. Also inexpensive. Around $65
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

mine. i carried the smaller tanto before i got a ccw but now blade length doesn't apply. 8.5 ounces, 10.75" overall, 5" blade, only .5" thick.

Amazon.com: Smith & Wesson SWHS1TL Homeland Security Large Tanto Knife, Black: Home Improvement
    Attached Images
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Out of those two, go with the Griptilian, OP
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Zero Tolerance knives look awesome, but if you can't afford one, the Kershaw Cryo is a really nice, high value knife for the money. I like my Cryo. I paid a little over $30 for it shipped. The pocket clip can be reversed for tip-up carry as well and installed on the other side for left handers.
    If you're wanting a knife that is quick to deploy, the Cryo and other Kershaw knives flip out really fast with their assisted opening systems.

There are a lot of great options out there and as long as you're willing to spend some money, you aren't going to get a 'bad' knife. Read reviews.

I've been carrying an EESE 3 on my right boot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links