Need help finding a quality EDC knife.

This is a discussion on Need help finding a quality EDC knife. within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new to the forum and needing some help. I'm looking for a nice knife to carry everyday but have had bad luck buying cheap ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need help finding a quality EDC knife.

I'm new to the forum and needing some help.

I'm looking for a nice knife to carry everyday but have had bad luck buying cheap ones. I'm left handed and want one that is easy to open with my left hand. The ones I have had have been awkward. I will be using this knife for general use but it also needs to be handy for defensive situations as well. Any and all input is welcome!

Thanks ahead for the responses.

Welcome aboard. There's a sticky thread about EDC knives somewhere. I will post a link if nobody does it before me.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Your EDC Knife

There you go.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Check out the Spyderco Endura... Spyderco Endura4 FRN
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Kershaw makes good knives and cheap if you're on a budget.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Spyderco Endura is a great knife. You might want to look at the waved version if quick deployment is an issue. You can change the location of the clip to suit either hand. I carry mine in my weakside (left) front pocket.

SPyderco Wave Endura Opening - YouTube

CJM
    I have a bit of a variety of edc knives, mostly Kershaw and Buck, and all of mine are good quality and none of them broke the bank.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    $32.00 - you won't cry if you lose it - should be legal anywhere.

Smith & Wesson HRT 1st Gen OTF Assisted 3" Bayonet Blade - Knifecenter.com

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Spyderco Endura is a great knife. You might want to look at the waved version if quick deployment is an issue. You can change the location of the clip to suit either hand. I carry mine in my weakside (left) front pocket.

SPyderco Wave Endura Opening - YouTube
    I LOVE my endura with the wave. Super fast and super sharp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Check out CRKT's knives, you cant beat them with a stick. I've got a M16-14Z from them and I love it. CRKT M16 Z Series Knives | EDC Folding Knives | Kit Carson Knives
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

I also used to have an M16-12Z that was nice as well, but I lost it and ended up opting for a slightly longer blade to replace it.
    CRKT M16 Z Series Knives | EDC Knives | Kit Carson Knives

Both have been the half-serrated version.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

I have some good friends who are left handed and they really like Benchmade griptillians.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

RKM
    My budget recommendation is the Spyderco Tenacious. Spend a little more and get a Spyderco Delica or Endura.

If you don't mind spending a good bit of money on knives, I'd recommend Benchmades, higher end Spyderco's and Emerson's.

What are you looking to spend? Nowadays there are numerous options so you don't have to break the bank for a nice EDC. I carry different knives depending on my dress, duty, etc. For the price it's hard to beat a Cold Steel Recon folder. G10 handle, solid lockup, spine holding power, razor sharp and surprisingly lightweight. I think I picked one up at Amazon for @ $60 @ a year ago after falling in love with the fixed blade version. It's one of my cheaper knives, but for the price it's hard to match it. I'm a sucker for Benchmade autos if you want to go into six figures. I picked up an HK Auto for just over $100 about a month ago, it's a Benchmade that's private labeled and @ $25 less than the actual Benchmade offering for some reason. My knives are not used for cutting up boxes/etc, I can get a $2 razor knife to tear up doing those type of chores. I carry mine for SHTF scenarios like needing to cut through seatbelts, tactical gearing, etc.

Others have offered up some good options already. CRKT, Kershaw, Buck, etc all make affordable good choices. Break open your piggy bank, push what you want to spend aside and narrow your options. Let us know what you decide on.

I was looking for an EDC assisted opener. I ended up going with the Zero Tolerance ZT0350ST. They're available on Amazon for $120... top quality knives.
    sgb likes this.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links