Anyone have experience with these HideAway knives?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with these HideAway knives? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php Or any info to relate about them?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with these HideAway knives?

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA

Anyone have experience with these HideAway knives?

http://www.hideawayknife.com/main.php

Or any info to relate about them?

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    No, but they look pretty handy if the quality is high :yes:

Don\'t they? I guess I\'m interested in edge retention more than anything . . . I\'ll have to cruise over to bladeforums and see what\'s being said about them.

Please feel free to post if any of you folks have knowledge about the products! :)

I have one, A Brock Straight, I waited a year for it, and it was well worth it, have become good friends with many of the makers and Frontsight herself, with the new Available now option you don\'t have to worry about the wait.

If you have any more questions feel free ask.

DC Founder
    That thing looks mean :yes:

It definitly is, don\'t let the size fool you, it will do serious damage. If anyone has any questions or would like pics of size comparisons or anything feel free to ask.:kay:

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    I\'m on the fence on this issue.

If you\'re carrying this type of knife as a \'second knife'or a hideaway for possible attack, I can see the utility.

However, lots of security areas, and even Post Offices, limit the carrying of knives. Such a knife might appear as to being \'smuggled.' That\'s a felony.

I once had jury duty, and as I walked into the City/County Building in Madison, Wisconsin, I had forgotten I had a Bechmade titanium CQC7 (970ST) clipped to my jeans.

In many jurisdictions, they confiscate the knife. In Madison, they just check it in, and give you a claim check stub.

I just carry a second, full size knife. It doesn\'t take up that much additional room, and if the first knife goes dull, I have a second one to complete jobs or repairs.

Good points to consider. Sort of reminds me of the time I lost my Kel-Tec P32 in my front jeans pocket . . . there are times you don\'t want to forget to de-weapon!

Fortunately, since I go into courthouses and prisons all the time, I\'m pretty practiced and anal about taking off any weapons. Pity my bum hip makes me carry that CaneMaster cane . . . :)

Problem with carring a second full size fixed blade(if thats what you carry) is that many states have laws on knife length and carrying. The blade on the Hideaways is under 2 inches, and most states have no laws against carrying a blade that small.

Those sure are neat! I really like the dexterity that they provide to the knife-holding hand.

I looked at those but bought the Spyderco S.P.O.T. instead. I think that the Hideaway is a better knife but the SPOT is quite a bit cheaper. I won\'t carry a knife that costs more than about $75. I want to be able to pitch it into a trashcan or down a storm drain and walk away without feeling too bad.

Good to see you here Erich. Thanks again for lunch!

Chuck

Hi Chuck! :) (My wife\'s over in your neck of the woods this week - visiting a friend in Abilene.)

You raise a good point about not wanting to go too expensive on a knife. I\'ve got a couple of nice neck knives (one Dawson that\'s really lovely), but what keeps bringing me back to look at this HideAway is the claimed ability to put it on and then ignore it while you do other things. That sounds pretty handy! (You know how you suddenly realize you can\'t live without something that you\'ve done perfectly well without for your entire life? :) )

The Bladeforums folks like the HideAways, FWIW. I just don\'t need another thing to spend money on right now - especially since Betty and The Tourist have me all fired up about that neat sharpener system. :(

VIP Member
    I once had jury duty, and as I walked into the City/County Building in Madison, Wisconsin, I had forgotten I had a Bechmade titanium CQC7 (970ST) clipped to my jeans.
    When I took my psycho-ex to court, I was too busy concentrating on removing my guns and ammo and locking them up in my vehicle that I completely forgot about the MOD Ladyhawk I had on me.

I went straight through the metal detector with it and my metal body parts, and the detector didn\'t go off. I didn\'t realize I had the knife on me until I left the courthouse. :O

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    my metal body parts
    Boy, this ought to be a good story. And just think, for years people thought there was a plate in my head.

I\'ve carried one for well over a year now, every day. It\'s the only practical way I\'ve ever found to carry a small fixed blade on my person.

I highly highly reccommend them. Mine is excellent in every regard.

Lead Moderator
    for than price ya can buy a NNA .22 derringer in just as small of package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links