Intro and Knife Ideas

This is a discussion on Intro and Knife Ideas within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all. New to the forum. I'm going for training in a few weeks to get my CC permit. I don't think I am going ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sioux565

Thread: Intro and Knife Ideas

Intro and Knife Ideas

Hello all. New to the forum. I'm going for training in a few weeks to get my CC permit.

I don't think I am going to get a gun right away. I have no experience with guns and would like to get a lot of practice in before I carry a gun. However, I would for sure carry a knife. I would like some ideas as far as a good self defense knife. Being a young guy and a biker, I've been in a few too many situations where having a weapon on me would have made me more comfortable.

Thanks in advance!
    QKShooter likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome from The Sunshine State!

What are the laws on knives in Wisconsin?
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Not sure. Wouldn't having a concealed carry permit keep that from making a difference?

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    Not sure. Wouldn't having a concealed carry permit keep that from making a difference?
    - Not necessarily. Your best bet is to read your state laws.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Welcome from Delaware! You have to be real close with a knife! I don't really want to be that close if I can avoid it. Of course, I'm probably a lot older than you are.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome to the forum. Be prepared to learn a lot, I know I have. No doubt you will soon encounter the three S's. If you find yourself in situations where you need a weapon frequently you might think of trying to avoid those situations. Either way knowing the laws of your state is key as others have mentioned.

My last ditch EDC knife is a waved Spyderco Delica/Endura. People favor them because of how quickly they can be deployed.

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I would like some ideas as far as a good self defense knife. Being a young guy and a biker, I've been in a few too many situations where having a weapon on me would have made me more comfortable.
    My advice: Avoid those situations where having a weapon on you would make you more comfortable. You don't say much about what those situations are, but hanging out with bikers at biker bars is risky business. Work hard and keep your nose clean so you can live to be an upstanding member of society.

Links