Multiple Knives for EDC? - Page 2

Multiple Knives for EDC?

This is a discussion on Multiple Knives for EDC? within the Defensive Knives & Other Weapons forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry one Benchmade folder clipped in my right pocket. I carry a CRKT Minimalist fixed blade (it is a very small one) horizontally on ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Multiple Knives for EDC?

I carry one Benchmade folder clipped in my right pocket. I carry a CRKT Minimalist fixed blade (it is a very small one) horizontally on my belt just to the left of the buckle so it can be used by either hand. Different applications.

I always have the two knives outside of work, even if I have no guns. And sometimes I have two guns and reloads as well. I know some people will think I'm nuts for carrying even a reload...

Different strokes for different folks.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Always 2. The Emerson Karambit is strictly a weapon carried weak side. The other knife rotates and it's strictly for utility unless I'm somewhere that I can't carry a gun, then the strong side knife is usually a Spyderco Yojimbo.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

I carry at least 2 knives and 2 firearms. Sometimes more. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Three knives..........a CRKT Ken Crawford Falcon, sharpened so much the serrations are almost gone (bad form, I know), and a Benchmade and a Boker. The CRKT is my abused ugly stepchild that gets pulled out for all of the chores. Sometimes a fixed blade too.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

MY ZT 0301 comes in on Tuesday and will be my EDC folder. Not that I'll be able to do much with it, I've lost more fights with peanut butter trying to spread it on a slice of bread. But, with the just plain mean look of the blade, I'm hoping it does the trick without having to resort to swinging for the hills. Let's be honest-- you've got a better chance of Stevie Wonder getting a T-shot on a hostage taker than me slicing anything but my pride. But I agree-- better to have SOMETHING than the sharp wit of my tongue. And if I go through all three clips from my 1911, well, I really lost that fight.

I daily carry a leatherman surge and an ESEE 4 on my boot.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I"m in the two knife camp. One accessible to each hand. Weak side knife is primarily defensive, and to help secure my G21 should it be discovered and an attempt to take it or I'm unable to access my G21 due to injury or physically blocked. The Strong side knife is primarily used a a tool.

EDC gear
    Eyes and Feat, used to see it coming and get out of there
    G21, used if I couldn't get out of there
    Spare mag used as a back up for primary mag, need more than 14 rounds of .45
    Two knives used when I really didn't see it coming, gear retention

That's the plan, then how often does a plan make it past the realization you need to implement said plan.

My carry set up recently changed. Daily non work carry. Buck stockman right front, buck 110 left hip, bm grip left front pocket, buck 119 at 2 o'clock and a g19 at 330-4. One woman's paranoia is a man's preparedness lol

Jason
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Two knives at all times.

Cold Steel Mini AK-47 which was supposed to be my main carry knife but I couldn't properly deploy it using the thumb stud in a wave fashion. So I ended up buying a SOG Trident which is now my primary carry knife.

I also carry a Swisstool as much as possible.

I carry a Leatherman Skeletool and a variety of blades: Benchmade Griptilian, ZT0350, and a few others, depending on what I'm doing that day. If in blues (uniform), I have a small Gerber blade I carry...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

EDC Choices

I carry several different knives on a daily basis, a rotation if you will. Most of the time I have a Cold Steel Recon 1, the older style with the Ultralock and the discontinued spear point configuration, which has been revived as of late sporting the TriAd lock. I also have a nice little knife from Montana Silversmiths with a Mustang inlay which I usually have on me for small tasks requiring a knife. I also carry a Kershaw Blur, the tactical tanto model, usually if I am carrying the Kershaw Blur I pair it with either the Kershaw Crown, which is a well made, economical 'gentlemen's' knife or the Kershaw Vapor which is another smaller, but well made general purpose knife. I also have two 'Bucks', pardon the pun, which I like to carry sometimes. The first one is the Buck Vantage (plain blade), with the Paperstone handle and the Buck Odyssey also with the Paperstone handles and plain blade.The Odyssey has been discontinued which is a mystery since it's quite the knife? They used to be easy to find, but have become increasingly rare? I have a couple automatics which I carry off and on, my favorite is the Piranha Bodyguard in the tactical black with the CPM S30V blade in plain configuration! I also have a Piranha Excalibur OTF which I really like, I don't carry that one on an EDC basis just here and there, since I don't want to ding it up too much. I have a couple of other folders from Gerber (Paraframe II), CRKT (Point Guard), Old Timer (Pocket Beast), Schrade (Extreme Survival Drop Point) and the S&W (Black Ops Plain Blade) along with a Blackjack Knives Push Dagger which I carry from time to time, it's one of only two fixed blades which I carry with any regularity since many of my fixed blades are too large too carry concealed or on my belt without being inconspicuous! The other fixed blade I carry is a tough little knife made by CRKT called the "Sting", it was originally designed by A.G.Russell who made the original custom version back in the 70s! It's an integral dagger design forged out of one piece of 1050 steel, it's coated with a powder coating to retard rusting. If I got stuck in a survival situation, I know that that one piece knife would stand up to the rigors of getting food, batoning firewood (actually used it to do this!), digging, gutting game, etc etc! It's also easy to sharpen in the field, even using just a rock! I always keep in mind something I heard long ago, "It's better to have a knife and not need it, than to need one and not have it!" Adieu!

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by AMisEnemigos View Post
    I carry several different knives on a daily basis, a rotation if you will. Most of the time I have a Cold Steel Recon 1, the older style with the Ultralock and the discontinued spear point configuration, which has been revived as of late sporting the TriAd lock. I also have a nice little knife from Montana Silversmiths with a Mustang inlay which I usually have on me for small tasks requiring a knife. I also carry a Kershaw Blur, the tactical tanto model, usually if I am carrying the Kershaw Blur I pair it with either the Kershaw Crown, which is a well made, economical 'gentlemen's' knife or the Kershaw Vapor which is another smaller, but well made general purpose knife.

I also have two 'Bucks', pardon the pun, which I like to carry sometimes. The first one is the Buck Vantage (plain blade), with the Paperstone handle and the Buck Odyssey also with the Paperstone handles and plain blade.The Odyssey has been discontinued which is a mystery since it's quite the knife? They used to be easy to find, but have become increasingly rare?

I have a couple automatics which I carry off and on, my favorite is the Piranha Bodyguard in the tactical black with the CPM S30V blade in plain configuration! I also have a Piranha Excalibur OTF which I really like, I don't carry that one on an EDC basis just here and there, since I don't want to ding it up too much.

I have a couple of other folders from Gerber (Paraframe II), CRKT (Point Guard), Old Timer (Pocket Beast), Schrade (Extreme Survival Drop Point) and the S&W (Black Ops Plain Blade) along with a Blackjack Knives Push Dagger which I carry from time to time, it's one of only two fixed blades which I carry with any regularity since many of my fixed blades are too large too carry concealed or on my belt without being inconspicuous! The other fixed blade I carry is a tough little knife made by CRKT called the "Sting", it was originally designed by A.G.Russell who made the original custom version back in the 70s! It's an integral dagger design forged out of one piece of 1050 steel, it's coated with a powder coating to retard rusting.

If I got stuck in a survival situation, I know that that one piece knife would stand up to the rigors of getting food, batoning firewood (actually used it to do this!), digging, gutting game, etc etc! It's also easy to sharpen in the field, even using just a rock! I always keep in mind something I heard long ago, "It's better to have a knife and not need it, than to need one and not have it!" Adieu!
    Paragraphs are your friend
    Bark'n and thephanatik like this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Just as I have multiple EDC guns I have multiple EDC knives. Many days I don't feel the need to have a tactical knife but do need a utility blade. Other days a tactical is warranted. How I am dressed for the day also dictates what gun and/or knife I carry.
    Some of my common EDC's are, you might figure out I am a gerber kind of guy
    Gerber 06 auto - most of the time.
    Gerber paraframe - second most ans first choice for utility
    Gerber Defacto - fixed blade so I don't Cary it that often
    Gerber Appelgate Covert titanium FAST - very nice, but the 06 finds its way into my pocket more

I also will carry my Old Gerber Guardian boot knife my that was one of the first gifts my wife ever gave me close to thirty years ago.

I carry three knives, a G20 and either my SIG P238 or Ruger LCP. I carry my Benchmade 275BK in my front pocket, my Benchmade 530BK in my rear right pocket, and my Leatherman freestyle CX has a blade on it that I keep in my left front pocket.

BLADE REVIEWS 101

I carry a small Schrade lockback as my tool knife and a Gerber Icon as my sd. Schrade in right front. Gerber in left hip. I can just about draw my Ruger P89 and the Gerber simultaneously. Gerber is nice and flat so it fits comfortably in my hip pocket. A downward flick and the 4 1/4 inch blade deploys with a nice snap. It covers the sound of me flicking off the safety. The blade deploys in a blocking position. Great for gun retention or DATD movement.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links